Chapter 22: Maeda clan

{ Shikamaru's POV }

Huh?!

Is she really planning on feeding me?

Automatically, I pushed her away slightly and covered the bottom of my face with the back of my hand.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Well.. if you don't want it then I'll just feed Cho-kun."

And that she did, [First name] stood up and leaned above me to feed Choji who was beside me, "Cho-kun, don't get me wrong, I first picked Shika-kun because he was the closest and I don't wanna feed Nii-san 'cuz he has hands of his own to do it."

💢"Oi." Akihiro grew a tick mark.

"C'mon Cho-kun, can you say 'ah' for me?" I stared at this all unfolded in front of me, and then felt some negative feeling grow inside me as I watched Choji open his mouth and let the piece of pancake into his mouth, "You're so cute!" [First name] cooed to Choji who shyly chew on the food he was fed.

I stared at [First name] then at Choji, the negative feeling seemed to have grown, but I decided to push it back down.

"Oi, move it, I'm trying to eat here.." I pushed her back into her seat gently and she apologized but was still smiling.

We continued to eat, the adults ignoring what had happened.

Before we knew it, it was already time to go home, "Thank you for the pancakes, [First name]-chan, it was really good!" My mother patted the said girl's head, "No problem Yoshino, it makes me happy to know that you enjoyed" We said our byes again and were now walking home.

I decided to stay with Choji for a little more so we both went to the bench on the rooftop, also our first meeting place.

As usual, I laid on my back while staring at the sky, the sun was already setting.
There was just one thing missing, Choji eating his bbq chips, "Choji, you're not gonna eat your chips?"

"Huh? Oh, I will, but right now I'm full.."

"You're full?! When it comes to bbq chips, you're never full!"

"Aha.. it seems I enjoyed the pancakes a bit too much?" What sorcery is this?!

The feeling that I decided to push down came back, and it grows more when I see Choji smiling all shyly while remembering the food we ate earlier, and also most likely the girl who fed him as well.

I sighed "How troublesome.." I don't want this feeling anymore.

"I'm gonna head home now, wanna come with or are you also going to go home?" I asked when I sat up and stretched.

He said that he'll go home, so we split up and went to our houses.

When I reached home, I immediately went to my room and laid down, 'When can I stop feeling like this?' I thought before sighing.

"Shika-kun, let's go to the playground!" A girl that looked to be 10 years old exclaimed as she slammed open the sliding doors, revealing Shikamaru, the same age as her, sitting infront of the shogi board.