Chapter 21: Pancakes

It was now the day of departure, the night before, [First name] had said her goodbyes and promises to Gaara, which is sending letters and making another visit in the future, to which the boy agreed to.

"Gaara, I know we didn't start off on the right foot, but at the end we bonded! So I hope this bond will stay and get stronger! Remember, if you need someone, just send me a letter and I will be sure to keep you company." She smiled brightly before waving at him and making her way back to the inn.

The red haired boy continued to stand there, feeling lonely at the thought of the girl who wiggled her way into his life in the span of a week, leaving.

Her words ringed in his head, 'Will she really be there when I need her?' Gaara thought before the familiar presence of his siblings arrived.

"Gaara.." Temari started but stopped upon seeing the said boy emotionlessly look back at them.

"L-Let's go home," Kankuro said, even though he and Temari were older, they couldn't help but slightly fear their own younger brother, as he is the jinchuuriki of Shukaku, the one tailed beast.

Gaara stared at them longer and realized the difference between the way those who are his own family and how [First name] treated him, the people of his village treat him as a monster and want to kill him, while the girl from Konoha was more kind and willingly to spend time with him and not once treated him like the villagers.

'She'll come back, and once she does, I'll bring her to another place which we can admire.' He thought before nodding and leaving his siblings atop the cliff.

Temari sighed, "C'mon, dinner might be ready by now." She said to Kankuro and they too left the cliff.

The sun was up in the sky, and it was as hot as always, team Gushiken stood in front of the gates, ready to leave until they saw the clients they dropped off coming their way.

"Gin-san?" Daichi asked as the said male now stood in front of then with Kiyoshi and the extra attendants standing behind him with boxes in their hands.

"I wanted to wish you all a safe travel back to Konoha, and also a gift for bringing us here." Gin waved his hand a little to signal his people to give the boxes to the team.

They were each given a box which were slightly different from each other based on design.

Tsukiko had a moon and some clouds etched onto it, Yumeka a sun with clouds as well, Daichi had a eagle, while [First name] had a cheery blossom.

"Eh?! This box itself looks so expensive!" [First name] exclaimed in shock, carfully handling the box in her hands.

Gin laughed behind his sleeve, "Please, do open it."

They all slowly opened it to reveal the gifts.

Daichi and Tsukiko both got a haori, Tsukiko having clouds, while Daichi had one woth stripes, both of the haori was obviously made with expensive material.

The girls however got hair kushis', Yumeka jad a crane flying, while [First name] cheery blossoms.