Lace

"He takes my hand. Intertwines our fingers. Offers me a smile that manages to kiss my heart."
— Tahereh Mafi

-Luna And Neville Being Precious-

After the battle of hogwarts everyone was together in the great hall, some were celebrating the fall of Voldemort and some were crying for the people they lost.

Neville Longbottom was watching everyone while standing with the sword of Gryffindor in his hands as people who passed by him congratulated him for his heroic act of killing Nagini and bravery rejecting joining Voldemort.

He was happy, he felt confident and that he finally did something worth to honor his parents.

When he knew and understood what happened to his parents, he blamed and hated the Lestranges like his grandmother, but he now understood that it wasn't really their fault and he shouldn't blame Mara or Lorenzo for anything.

He didn't feel like he deserved to be in the Gryffindor house, he didn't feel like he was brave or like his father, but he learnt that there's bravery in kindness from what Luna told him.

He was constantly being told by his grandmother that he was not good enough and not like his father she was the reason for his lack of self confidence.

"Congratulations." A dreamy voice said from behind.

He turned to see Luna who was smiling at him, her face and hair slightly dirty from fighting in the war.

"Thankyou Luna." He said rather awkwardly as she still makes him nervous, in a good way.

"You were very brave, everyone is proud and your parents would be proud too." She told him smiling and he smiled and blushed slightly as his hand touched hers a bit but he was too shy to hold it.

"What were you doing? I saw bringing things to people" he asked her to make conversation, he didn't want her to leave.

"I was giving food and blankets to people and my cousin Draco was introducing me to my uncle Lucius, he's nice." She told him and Neville thought that Luna is too kind for this world because nice would not be the word he would use to describe Lucius Malfoy, but he also thought not to judge how someone might be with their family, he saw how Bellatrix Lestrange cared for he daughter.

"Let's care for the injured creatures." She told him smiling.

Luna was a pure soul, who could smile so widely even after fighting in a huge battle.

"Yes, they need our help and Hagrid seems to be too tired to care for them on his own." He told her and went to help as he looked at the sword he thought he's brave and decided to hold her hand.

Little did he know he would be ambushed by Lucius Malfoy later who was being a protective uncle and wanting to know if this boy deserves his niece, he felt like he disappointed Pandora a lot and wanted to make up for it and build a relationship with Luna like Draco did.