Chapter 12: Leviatha

Caelian, Evelyn, Damien and Gale all entered through the oversized doors and into the throne room. Inside, icy spikes covered nearly every surface, forming in clusters along the walls and floor. The drop in temperature from the previous room was noticeable, and Caelian began to shiver violently.

Despite the freezing temperatures, a channel of water was visible on the other side of the room. On the other side of the channel stood a giant, intricately crafted solid gold throne, decorated with various blue gemstones. It sat empty, looming over them and giving an unsettling feeling.

Caelian stepped forward in front of the others, looking around the room. "Where is Leviatha?" He asked.

As soon as he spoke, a tidal wave erupted from the water in front of them. The water flowed over the floor, soaking everyone's feet, before slowly retreating back to where Levitha was now waiting.

Her four eyes were pitch black, with her pupils being mere white slits that stared down at the group. Black, eel-like hair sprouted from the top of her head, writhing and moving as if it were alive. Numerous crooked fangs stuck out of her closed mouth, and tusks sprouted out of the sides of her face, curving inward. Her dark skin dissolved into a long, serpentine body. The tail's flesh was transparent blue, showing the inner guts and bones that lie under the skin. Gold jewelry adorned her body, sparkling brilliantly. She tapped her claws against the ground as she rested her head on her other hand.

 She tapped her claws against the ground as she rested her head on her other hand

"Who has come here?" She asked. "Who dares to think they can enter without permission? Speak now, before I kill you where you stand."

"My name is Caelian, I'm the nature goddess' disciple," Caelian said with uncertainty. Leviatha was giving off a menacing aura that made him nervous. "I've come because I need... Because I need my elemental purified."

"Ah, so you're the child that dumb broad selected as her disiciple," Leviatha said dully. "Corrupt, were you? You come here to ask me to waste my time on something such as this?"

"I'm not corrupt!" Caelian said. "Just my elementals are. Please, Iaestia needs—"

"Silence!" Leviatha roared, slamming her fist down against the smooth white floor, leaving a crack. "You dare raise your voice with me, child?!"

"She's not going to purify your elemental in this state, Caelian," Damien said. "Our best hope is to force a rebirth and hope she'll do it then."

Leviatha let out a shrill laugh. "Force a rebirth? You think I could fall by mere spirits such as yourselves?" She asked, her voice echoing through the room. "Disciple or not, you're no match. I can sense that you lack the power. Have you any idea the amount of spirits that have been slain by my hand?"

"Your reign ends here, Leviatha," Gale said as she stepped forward. "You've tormented the people of the depths for long enough."

"Oh? A water spirit had the guts to come here?" Leviatha said in amusement. "How quaint, I thought your kind had finally given up trying to resist me."