Chapter 37-Guess what? (Ace Frehley POV)

A few months have passed since Paul & Tommy's twin girls were born and now, they are 3 months old. Carrie Beth and Sarah Jane are adorable and according to both Paul and Tommy growing way too fast for them. Bruce and I love babysitting them and it makes me think of how far I have come in my relationships with not just my husband but with those I'd hurt greatly, like Tommy & Paul....It's incredible to think that not so long ago really, I'd been so blind and delusional until FINALLY I saw the error of my ways, made amends with my former band mates and now we are friends, but even more than that....made amends with my husband Bruce.

Oh Bruce! I hurt him more than anyone.... but I've made things right with him and realized that I've always loved him, I was just too blind to see. But now we are married, and I have never been happier....

Currently though, I am very much worried about Bruce and not sure what's going on and I am fearful I am doing something wrong. Bruce has been acting strange this past month, very snappy with me, quick to tears, and even has made me sleep on the couch some nights. Well, those nights, he'd feel so guilty that I wouldn't be on the couch long...but still I don't know if it's something I've done and I've desperately tried to get him to talk to me. I am downstairs fixing dinner and Bruce is upstairs, sleeping or he was. I'd checked on him not long ago....

"Ace?" I hear Bruce croak out startling me and makes him burst into tears.

Quickly, I take him in my arms and try to soothe him, "God babe.... I am SO sorry that I made you cry! You startled me, but I'm not mad. I promise you."

Bruce pulls back to look at me tears streaking his face and sighs, "S-Sorry. A-Ace. I love you."

Gently stroking his face, I reply, "I love you too." I take a moment to pause, "Bruce...honey do you feel like eating? I mean you look so pale, like you don't feel good. And your shaking.... please, please tell me what's wrong!"

"I-I...um.... can we talk?" Bruce practically squeaks out.

"Of course, we can. Lemme just turn the oven & all off. Food's done anyway." I turn the oven off and steer Bruce to the couch in the living room and take him in my arms.

"I just want to-to say that Ace I'm sorry for the past month, my moods and making you sleep on the couch, and I know you think your doing something wrong. I-I just feel SO guilty about that, about all this.... but I love you so damn much and well I found out why I've been acting so weird and um before I came downstairs, I spent a couple minutes getting sick...", I cut him off.

"Sorry to interrupt but you got sick? Bruce why didn't you call me? I want to take care of you."

Bruce clings to me sobbing, "Ace! God I'm sorry, but here....", He pulls away from me slightly and takes a small white object out of his pocket and nervously hands it to me and I see it: two lines, to pink lines.... it's, it's a pregnancy test! And it's positive!

"Bruce...Bruce...you're pregnant? We're really gonna have a baby?" God I am so happy! And Bruce's behavior it makes total sense now! I thumb away his tears gently.

"Yes, I'm pregnant. I'm sorry for my moods and treating you like I have." Gently I stroke his face.

"Don't apologize baby, don't. Seriously it's ok! And we're going to be parents! I am so happy! YOU make me happy every day and that's our baby inside you.... it's amazing!", Bruce at last smiles as I bring my hands down to his belly and feel a faint hint of roundness and stroke it in wonder. Suddenly Bruce yanks me into a kiss & both of us groan...we reluctantly part for air.

"You feel up to eating? I made Oven fried chicken w/mashed potatoes and your favorite bread rolls. And dessert too"

"Better not let it get cold then Acey!" Bruce laughs and we get up off the couch and I dish up dinner. We eat and talk; I keep a close watch on Bruce to make sure he's feeling ok well ok as he can be given that he's pregnant. Thank God, I made sweet tea.... I've always found it helps with nausea whether your pregnant or not. It just helps period.

Bruce demands to help with the dishes once we finish eating despite my protests for him to get some rest, I wisely let him. With that done we at last head back to the couch and I pull Bruce to me as he cuddles up to my chest, one of my hands on his stomach.

"This baby will be amazing Bruce! I know because you are, maybe they'll have your gorgeous curly hair, your mocha eyes and that adorable dimple of yours." I ramble on excitedly as Bruce chuckles.

"Ace, give your self some credit too! And hey they could have YOUR beautiful eyes and I know they will be tall like us, hopefully the baby gets your smile, your laugh.... i would love if the baby looks like you! Or hey the baby could look like us both!" Bruce counters me as he lays his hands over mine.

"Your right honey, but the main thing is that they are healthy, I am just so touched...so in awe, that you're carrying our baby. That this baby is a product of our love, our love....it never gets old saying that." I sigh with contentment.

"Ace really I can't tell you how much I love you...my husband...I'd want no one else but you my love and I can't wait for our baby! Can we wait until tomorrow to tell everyone?"

"Of course, we can! And we'll make an appointment to check on the baby and all too!" I rub his stomach gently.

"Sounds good to me Acey! Now can we watch tv?" Bruce looks up at me mocha eyes sparkling.

"We sure can! There's no where I'd rather be right now that here with you and......our baby." I state earnestly.

Finally, I am going to be a father! And Bruce, oh Bruce! He's carrying our baby, our precious baby. This is perfect, this moment...I'll always remember this day for the rest of my life. 

A/N:  Just 2 more chapters left! Next one will be the 1st birthday of Paul & Tommy's twins and from Peter Criss' POV!