Half way to HQ

Troy's POV

We chased after Noah we all thankfully regained on ability to think after he up and left us. As we caught up to him, I caught a glimpse of Emma's face which showed, despite her hiding it very well, that she was slightly heart broken about Noah's comment. As we all stopped behind Noah with him facing us, I put my hand up slightly to keep Emma behind me. Why I did it I can't completely explain but she was kind enough to go along with my paranoia of Noah hurting her again though we both knew full well that he wouldn't. I dropped my hand shortly after raising it resulting in only me and Emma knowing of my desire to protect her.

Noah apologised to Emma and we began to head back to HQ to see Gosei and Tenseu which made me feel a little better but I couldn't help but glance at Emma with concern but I quickly realised that she was much better now so I relaxed my guard which I honestly hadn't ever realised was up. I calmed down massively as we left the mall and began to walk to the base and Emma was walking with Gia so I knew I didn't have to worry about her anymore. I listened to Jake and Noah who were deliberating on how Jake should ask Gia to be his valentine and take her on a date.

Jakes POV

I needed to lighten the mood. Emma and Gia had gone on slightly ahead of us so this was the perfect opportunity for me to get Noah and Troy's advice on how I should win Gia over for valentines.

"So I was thinking that I put an anonymous note in her locker to meet at a restaurant and then surprise her by showing up after she gets there and surprising her with flowers and chocolates and everything. What do you think?"

"Honestly? She'll leave the second you show up if she goes at all. She would probably just bin the letter of go to let whoever it was down easy," Noah said plainly, obviously unimpressed with my master plan.

"I have to agree with Noah. The note in the locker is really cliché." Even Troy was against it! But unfortunately they were right. There were probably hundreds of boys who would be putting notes in her locker, what was one more.

"Why not do a romantic ranger dinner on the sky ship at sun set? It would be unique yet still simple. Plus we could decorate it to be really romantic as well. Then you could take off and enjoy the scenery" Troy's suggestion was perfect!

"It's perfect!" I exclaimed a bit too loudly, both Gia and Emma turned around to me confused. All I could think to do was calm down, laugh nervously and look down earning me a chorus of laughter from all of my friends both the girls and the boys. The sound of pure laughter prompted me to join in and make light of my slight stupidity. Hay if you can't beat 'um, join 'um. And that's exactly what I did.

After a minute or so to let the air calm down, we all resumed our conversations and Noah and Troy helped me plan how we would decorate the sky ship as well as plan how we would get Gia onto the ship without jumping overboard before we set off. It would be a slower process to get it airborne in this instance due to the necessity to dock it to get her and us onboard in our civilian attire compared to as rangers where we could simply jump on straight to the command room. Plus we needed to think of a way to actually ask her there in the first place.

Gia's POV

Jake was definitely planning how to ask me out for Valentine's Day this year, and unfortunately I had no plans of anything else to do so I would most likely accept with no valid excuse. Then a perfect escape plan hatched in my mind. If Emma and I could plan something then I would be giving both of us an excuse to deny any invites we got. I care about Emma a lot and I need to protect her from all of the guys who want to use her at school. Emma is an innocent person and I don't want them to ruin her bubbly personality with the harsh reality of the world. I've already gotten three invites to valentines events and all three I gently turned down. I had to stop Emma from accepting any out of Pitty ASAP. That's where my plan came in...

"Hay Emma, do you have any plans for Valentine's Day yet?" I may as well be abrupt in asking as it's both in my nature and gets the best answer.

"No not yet, you?" Few, she didn't

"Nope. Wanna hang out, you know, single lady's day? Galentines day?" I was hoping will my whole heart that she would agree and save both of us from having to lie to a load of boys.

Emma's POV

Gia wanted to do a girls day for Valentine's Day? I looked back slightly at the boys and knew by their hushed voices and constant quick glances that they were planning something so I thought I'd help them.

"Sure. Maybe we can get together with the boys and have a picnic in the base?" Gia's face lit but and quickly sank again with the same lightning fast speed. She too looked back at the boys then to me and reluctantly agreed.

Gia's POV

Emma totally played me! I glanced back at the boy's who were obviously planning something, probably finding a way to get Jake to ask me out again and not get me to reject him. But it then dawned on me that if we were all together then it would be unlikely that Jake and I would be alone and I could keep both him and Emma safe from others. So I reluctantly agreed to Emma's request even if it meant a sort of date with Jake. I didn't hate the idea of going on a date with Jake and I did quite like him. But I'd been turning him down so much it felt weird the amount of excitement it caused me every time he asked me out.

"Fine, but only if you ask them"

"Gladly" she responded enthusiastically immediately turning around walking backwards to ask the boys, "Hey, do you boys want to come with us for a picnic at the base on Valentine's Day?"

Noah's POV

This was the perfect opportunity to get my friends together especially Jake and Gia as it was the excuse we were needing for our sky ship date plan.

"Sounds good" Troy replied immediately smiling happy and slightly relieved at Emma who beamed back at him.

"Perfect!" A short and simple response that allowed us to plan what decorations we wanted and gave me the brilliant idea to set her and Troy up on a date at the same time.

We got into HQ were we sent the girls to hunt for the perfect picnic spot whilst we asked Gosie and Tensou if we could decorate and use the sky ship for a date night for Jake and Gia to which they happily responded on the condition that it remained battle ready if needs be.

Another chapter done. I'm really enjoying writing this and I hope you are enjoying it. Hearttred will enter in the next chapter but I'm having so much fun writing about Noah's plans to set his friends up that I honestly couldn't stop myself. Let me know your thoughts and I'll post my next chapter soon.