thirty one

Nandini knew that Soha deliberately stopped Manik to keep his birthday preparation a secret. Soha mouthed a thank you and dragged Manik out. Nandini sighed having an uneasy feeling. She just felt upset. Though she was trying to smile but it came out fake.

" Let's go." Aryaman came back from his shared room with Manik after fetching car keys. Nandini gave him a short nod with a slight smile which she hoped looked real. Aryaman held her hand and both walked out of the house towards the car. Day was going to be long. Nandini just wished for it to go without drama. Oh she wished. But of course destiny had some other plans.

** nandini's pov **

The drive to the near by market was pretty quite well from my side because Aryaman was still talking and may be my monosyllabic replies gave him the hint that I just didn't want to talk right now. I didn't know why I was just feeling down and drained when day had just started. But anyway after what felt like eternity we finally arrived at our destination, the market.

" I will just park the car here." it was crowded in market and barely any place to park car so I agreed with Aryaman.

We came out of car and walked to the market. Honestly I was so egar to get over with while looking here and there for the things I needed for decorations of wedding area and stage. I had all that list jotted down in my mobile so I pulled out my mobile to check the things.

Roses

Tulips

Frames

Balloons

Fairy lights

And the list goes on...

" Here..." I said as I pulled out money for fairy lights when a piece of paper fell out of my purse I was about to pick it up but Aryaman was quick to do that for me.

" What is this?" Aryaman questioned while reading the list of items.

" Oh its Manik's birthday today so Soha asked me to buy all this stuff." I told him anyway it wasn't like it was some secret.

" Hmm... Then I should also get him something. It won't be nice to go without a gift." Aryaman started to look around to see there was anything he could give as a gift.

" Yeah. " I replied while managing so many things I had in my hands.

" Stupid you should have told me that earlier. Or you were trying to impress your boss alone... " Aryaman smirked mischievously at his own joke.

" Hahaha as if I would want to impress that monster." I laughed as it was amusing, me trying to impress the jerk I would love to murder or at least run away from. I felt short of breath becuase of laughing so hysterically.

" Finally you laughed. Do it more often. You look pretty with a smile. " When I looked at him startled at his words, there was a smile on his face too. It wasn't a whole grin or something instead a small light smile as he scratched back of his neck probably embarrassed at his words. And I won't deny I got flustered too well I hadn't expected that.

" huh... What?!" I could barely form a proper reply because it was just awkward.

" Hahaha now don't act like that. Do you think I didn't catch on your foul mood. I just didn't know how to bring it up or at least lift you up." when those words came out of his mouth I knew I was caught. Shoot, well perks of being friends for so long. I seriously could never hide things from him. That sweet jerk. I smile he seriously was the greatest friend to have.

Boyfriend now!

My unconsciousness reminded me. But did I ever treated him like my boyfriend, no. And I felt like that would never happen either at least not unless I was completely over Manik. I had thought I was over him and it was believable too cause granted he wasn't in front of me to remind of him but now that he was I realized that I wasn't over him. He still had effect on me.