thirteen

After she had the talk with her subconscious, her body got relaxed and due to tiredness also her eyes started dropping. She yawned, hugged pillow more tightly, cold breeze tickled her face and she stared at the roses intently until she fell asleep.

Both were in sleep with a enchanting smile on their faces due to overwhelming feelings. They were amused how they fell in love with each other despite their not so pleasant first met but this is what love is.

It was morning but nandini didn't seem to wake up until the alarm rang merciless, shutting it off nandini woke up with a pout and feeling sleepy but still dragged herself in washroom to had a shower.

** nandini's pov **

I hastily came out of the washroom, the cold water had made me completely awake now. I had wrapped towel around my dampened body. I plugged the hair dry and dried my hair and lastly got changed into a red tank top and black jeans. Before going out of my room and descending stairs, my eyes involuntarily fell on the roses manik had given me.
I didn't want to but unknown and without my will smiled occupied my lips. But I shook my head to kill the rising butterflies of my stomach and masked it with the hate I had for him. If I could say that, I didn't know what did I feel for him any longer.

But I didn't had time to think about him either I wanted to. I had my first official day on work and I was damn excited for, I couldn't wait to step out of the house so stuffing a toast in my mouth and bidding bye to navya. I rushed out, closing the door behind me and zoomed off on my scooty.

I reached the office building and my hands started to tremble in nervousness. I was excited to work at a new place but I was nervous at the same time. Taking few breathes I felt relived and entered in. The girl at the reception " Priya" her tag on the shirt read flashed me a smile and told the way to my cabin.

I thanked her and went away to my cabin. It was attached to the CEO cabin and only a glass wall separated it. My cabin was comparatively smaller than the one CEO had but it was still large and spacious.

Setting my bag on the chair and went out of the cabin to bring coffee for Mr Shekhawat. Hurriedly I was filling the cup of coffee for the coffee machine when I heard the roaring of speakers. Every employee was immediately called in the main conference hall. I frowned at this announcement but went to the hall anyway.

** pov over **

Everyone was gathered there, all of them were curious to know the reason of this urgent and sudden meeting. Nobody knew what announcement was going to be made and everyone had their own different assumptions.

Nandini lazily entered inside the hall while humming a song to herself in very low voice. But the moment her eyes raked up at the stage, the floor slipped. It was like hell broke on her.

** manik's pov **

I came on the stage along Mr shekhawat while cabir was in the canteen busy in doing what he was best at, eating. When I stood on the stage I looked around bored but my eyes caught nandini. She seemed to be lost her in own world, the way her lips were moving, damn her lips I gulped hard. Control manik control, I made myself understand. Even the simplest and little actions were a turn on for me. She always had this effect on me.

I choked and took deep breathes. I looked back at her when I was back to normal, a bit. My eyes scanned her, she was wearing red. Well a red top and I felt pulling like hugging her tightly in my arms as she looked so pretty in it. She knew red was my favorite colour, I smiled at it. She knew but she hadn't wore it for you, my subconscious snapped at me and the smiled I had minutes ago disappeared.

But keeping it aside I stared back at her and when my eyes met her this time she was looking at me too. And literally her jaw dropped to ground I would have assumed that she was surprised which she was but the hateful look she gave me assured me that it was a dreadful surprise, not a happy one.

I looked away, I didn't want to see that anger, hate for me in her eyes. The intensity of them was too much to bear and luckily Mr Shekhawat became my savoir as he distracted me.

" Good Morning everyone. You all must be thinking about the reason of this sudden gathering right. So here is the reason." and Mr Shekhawat pointed towards me.

" Meet Mr Manik Malhotra. You all must be knowing him well I think you do as he is the son of Raj Malhotra and would be soul hire of Malhotra industries which has a big name in business world. They are almost in every business and now they have merged our company Purple Pebbles with their which is a thing proud. " I was listening to Mr Shekhawat and other too but the difference was that I didn't had that shocked look they had.

" so Mr Manik Malhotra is the NEW CEO of this company of purple pebbles from now on. And I am promoted to the other sector of the business guys. I really loved working with you all. Now I would love to hand over this mic to Mr Malhotra to say a few words." when Mr shekhawat ended his speech, the employees were left astonished and within in a blink they all were clapping and I could see their happiness.

" hello everyone. I am Manik Malhotra, I am very excited to work with you all. So guys let's celebrate. I am throwing a party tomorrow evening and all of you are invited." I chided and everyone seemed to be thrilled by the idea of party.

Except one, nandini. Her face fell at the mention of party and she walked out as the announcement got over. My heart crunched at how much she hate me but I would win her love back.

And now when I was here, there was no chance that she could ignore me. I smirked and went to my new cabin with hopes.

** pov over **

Nandini angrily went to went washroom and she started to splash water on her face. She looked at the mirror and the view she saw in it was utterly different from morning. In the morning she was happy and chirpy but now here she was all distorted and annoyed.

It was a good news for other employees that their ex CEO got promoted and the new CEO was friendly and even was throwing party tomorrow. But this all was nothing but hell of nightmare for nightmare from which she was trying to wake up but even the cold water wasn't able to help. Cause it wasn't a mere nightmare but truly her fate ditched her and she was now an employee in a person's company from whom she was trying to run away all this while.

She didn't want to resign cause after she had resigned from the pervious company to get into a better one and now when she was then the disaster called manik happened to crash in the same company that too as a CEO if he would have been a employee only then it would have been easier to ignore him but now it was next to impossible.

She calmed her nerves down. Her open hair was a mess by now as she had ruffled so many times just now in frustration so she pulled out a rubber band from her jeans pocket and tied them into a bun.

She smoothened her dress and once more give a look in the mirror to assure she was presentable. She stepped out of the washroom and thought, "I don't want to do this. But being manik here. I am left with no other choice."

" I am resigning today." and with determination nandini went to talk to authorities.

****

So that's all for now. Hope you guys liked it.

A/N: so finally they were going to be together but now nandini is going to resign. What will happen now.??...... Next update will of ADDICTED TO HER LOVE or HER MONSTER.

** don't forget to vote, comment and share **