eleven

Soon the delivery boy came with manik's order was shocked by the huge tip manik gave him. Thanking God he vanished while manik closed the door and headed upstairs in his room to have his dinner with a happy face, after a long time.

Nandini was standing at the door step. Everytime she raised her hand to turn the knob but withdrew it in the mid way. She closed her eyes and inhaled a deep breath, gathering strength she opened the door.

** nandini's pov **

Opening the door, I peeped my head inside to check if the way to my room was clear but I wasn't lucky enough as the first thing my eyes caught was a familiar thin figure.

" what are you doing nandu?" she was looking at me suspiciously.

" what... What am I doing??? I am doing nothing.. Yeah nothing. Why are you asking me this?? Do you think I am upto something?? Oh come on Navya how could you think about me like this. You are doubting me.. Like seriously. Our 6 years of friendship and you are doubting me. " I pointed my finger at me with a hurt look.

" wow wow wow... Get a break girl. You drama queen. It isn't like that. " she was still staring at me with a frown.

" then what is it? " I completely got in and closed the main door behind me.

" why were you sneaking in like a thief Nandu?" she yelled while entering in the kitchen.

" oh that.. It was just, I was trying not to disturb that's why." I tried to say it as a fact and seemed like she believed too and I finally sighed in relief.

" alright. And is there something behind you, in your hand?" sweat formed at my forehead not knowing what to answer.

" N.. Ooo..no. " I kept backing so she couldn't look behind me.

" are you hungry?" she moved towards me trying to peep behind while I backed again.

" not at all. Good night navya I am too tired now. Meet you in the morning." and the moment I reached till the stair case, I made a run and closed the door of my room without waiting for her reply.

I looked at the flowers I was holding. And thanked god that navya would have eaten my head to make me spill the beans. She would have been to happy, knowing a guy gave flowers but as much as I hate it but I was sure that Manik had given me them. And she had not liked this fact, either do I like.

I got job today purple pebbles an event management company. It was superb in every way and I heard that our CEO Mr Shekhawat was an epitome of hard work, he was too good at handle the company and cherry on the cake was that I was getting an awesome salary too as I had joined as the PA of Mr Shekhawat.

I was going towards my scooty with a broad smile which looked more like a grin may be but I didn't care I was too happy to care idiotic my expressions were. I reached near my scooty and there were some beautiful flowers kept at its seat. Those flowers looked real it I touched them.

They were so pretty that I could stare at them all day without blinking. But then my eyes fell on the note attached to it. " beautiful roses for the most beautiful rose. Your Manik Malhotra." my hand froze and a shiver ran through my spine at it. Manik had kept those for me.

But the happiness was short lived and anger gushed back in me, after all what he did he had guts to address me his, my hate for him was too much but may be not enough to throw those roses in trash. My mind screamed to throw them in the bin and heart whispered slowly to take them with me. And I heard my heart.

Besides how would he ever know if took them or threw them. So it was better not insult the glory of flowers and the feeling budding in me. Damn the hard work was to hide them from navya but lucky I did.

I was now swaying roses in my hand before putting them in a vase which near my bed on lamp table. I plucked the note apart from it. And traced it or to be specific his name.

Most beautiful rose.

He called me most beautiful rose and my heart did a happy dance but my mind reminded me the pain he gave me so without any other thought I crumbled the note in a ball and threw it in the bin. I wasn't old emotional fool nandini anymore.

I got changed in my night clothes and laid on the bed while only one question was hammering my head, what he was doing in the office today. I shook my head and made myself understood that thinking about me was none of my business anymore and covered my face with duvet to sleep.

** pov over **

Manik had finished his dinner and after taking a warm shower he got dressed in his night wears and cuddled in bed. Hugging pillow like a little kid, he snuggled into it and smiled widely.

** manik's pov **

I couldn't explain how my heart was beating erratically in joy. We met again today and she was looking so gorgeous in that midnight red knee length dress with her hair open to flow. She hadn't done any make up and trust me, she didn't need it either, her natural beauty was enough to kill anyone.

That was why when I was about to threw those roses, only her face came in my mind and I knew that these belong her because these roses were just like her, beautiful.

So when me and cabir walked out of the cabin and entered in the parking lot I found a grey activa scooty and my smile grew wide when I saw a familiar sticker of firefly there on it, it was her scooty. I shook my head and chuckled, keeping those roses at her seat with a note I left from there and I was sure that she would pick them and take them with her.

In all these two years she had grown more prettier than the day we had met for the first time. That day still was overwhelming for me. I was in canteen with rest of the fab 5 on our usual table.

I was tuning my guitar when black and white madhubala ( navya) walked at our table but she tripped and to prevent herself from falling she had held my guitar for support. It was all too sudden that guitar slipped from my hand and broke into pieces.

It was favourite guitar and it was now lying broken on the floor because of navya. I was hell angry. Mukti, aliya, dhruv and cabir stood up and surrounded navya.

They were ready to pounce on her but I stopped them. The monster in me was awakened and it wanted fun. She looked terrified.....

** pov over **

Manik was pulled out of his memory lane by a phone call. His mobile was ringing and even without looking at caller ID he knew who would be calling at this hour.

" yupp cabir say.." manik sat on the bed.

" hello to you too Manik." cabir teased whole manik laughed.

" Hahaha.. Hello hello, now will you speak up Mr Cabir Drama Dhawan." he said and chuckled.

Manik and cabir both had a talk on call about the meeting they had tomorrow and after sometime they talk about absolutely nothing but crap and lastly declined the call.

Manik laid back holding pillow close to himself and his thoughts went back to that time, replaying the memory of his first meet. He started think back about how his friends were around navya and that look of terror on her face.

****

So that's all for now. Hope you guys liked it.

** don't forget to vote, comment and share **