fourteen

She smoothened her dress and once more give a look in the mirror to assure she was presentable. She stepped out of the washroom and thought, "I don't want to do this. But being manik here. I am left with no other choice."

" I am resigning today." and with determination nandini went to talk to authorities.

** nandini's pov **

What the hell was that? I mean why the hell I can't resign. I had gone to ask for my resign but all I got was nothing. I was send back being said that taking resignation wasn't possible now as I had just joined today officially and my contract was going to suck me up for freaking 1 year. I couldn't resign before 1 year. What the hell, I didn't know how was I going to work hear anymore now.

Yesterday, no till today morning I was all so happy about my new job but Manik had to come here, he had to be my boss not just boss but hell CEO of this company. Could my luck be any better, I got appointed yesterday and today the CEO was changed, wow this whole situation more sounds like a daily soap drama but instead happened to happen in reality with me. I just couldn't believe.

Being manik here won't help. There was no way in the hell that I would able to concentrate at all. But hey, and I smirked as an idea popped up in my mind. I couldn't leave the job, granted. But what if I would annoy manik so he would throw me out himself.

I clapped my hands together and a wide grin appeared on my face. This was the perfect way to get out of this mess, way to get out of manik. I giggled and started humming a song while going to my sweet CEO's cabin,my lips curved up in a naughty smile.

** pov over **

Manik was in his cabin. I couldn't stop but adore the memory of this cabin which he cherished yesterday when it was the cabin of Mr Shekhawat but now it was his. I smiled as his eyes fell on the vase which had roses till yesterday but now they had tulips. And instantly the face of nandini came in front of him as he imagined how she would have squealed in joy after getting those roses.

He still didn't know if she had taken them with her or threw them in the bin but the one thing he was sure of was that she would loved them. He reached near the vase and touched the petals of tulips, the petals were soft as silk and the flowers were beautiful but even though the tulips were beautiful still he had decided to get replaced with roses. Because roses were Nandini's favourite and she was his favourite, most red and most beautiful rose out of all.

** manik's pov **

I was looking around now - my - cabin when suddenly I heard a knock at the door. I adjusted my suit and went to sit on seat. I didn't want to look like an idiot at the first day, I needed to act professionally which certainly I wasn't to a great extent but I was still.

" come in.." I said after clearing my throat as I heard knock for the third time.

" sir you coffee." nandini chirped as she entered inside.

For a moment I was just staring at her. From this close her being only a few inches away and damn I cursed for the table being so wide for nth time in my mind otherwise she would be standing more near to me. But I compromised with that stupid table for now but I was sure as hell that I was going to replace it as soon as I could.

For the time being I just looked at her, taking her presence in. I still couldn't believe my luck that she happened work under me and now I had all the time to be with her and to win her heart back.

" sir your coffee." nandini repeated again.

I was slightly embarrassed because I could tell she had noticed me gawking at her as she diverted her eyes and my cheeks turned a light shade of red which I was sure of as I felt the heat running my cheeks.