Chapter 19: Shivaay or Atif?

Present.

It was morning.

Shraddha was doing her work on her laptop at home.

As she finished, she thought about the guy she met yesterday. Shivaay.

Shraddha: "That guy, Shivaay. If his hair and short beard were not there, I bet he will look exactly like Atif. Is this just a coincidence?"

She stood up and went into the living room with the laptop in her hand.

Shraddha: "But his attitude is something else. Atif could never be like that. But something is telling me he is not the one who he pretends to be."

Mr. Malik was going to the canteen of his department since it was midday break.

Stacy: "Mr. Malik."

Mr. Malik turned around. It was his assistant.

Mr. Malik asked exhausted "What is it, Stacy?".

Stacy: "There is someone in office, who wants to meet you."

Mr. Malik: "Now?"

Stacy: "He said he is a friend of your son-in-law Steve."

Mr. Malik was surprised.

Mr. Malik < Who could that be? >

Mr. Malik walked back to his office.

As he arrived, he saw someone at the window.

Shivaay: "You have got a great view, Mr. Malik."

Mr. Malik: "Who are you?"

Shivaay turned around.

Shivaay: "It is nice to meet you, Mr. Malik."

Mr. Malik was shocked.

Mr. Malik < This face! It can't be! >

He was starting to sweat.

Mr. Malik: "Atif!"

Shivaay rolled his eyes annoyed.

Shivaay: "Mr. Malik. I'm not Atif. I'm Shivaay. I know my face is similar to the old dead friend of Steve."

Mr. Malik: "I'm so sorry. You real look like Atif. I just mis_. Whatever, so Mr. Shivaay why are you here?"

Shivaay came closer.

Shivaay: "I'm a friend of Steve. He told me about the missing case, so I thought I might could help out. Since I was a agent once."

Mr. Malik: "Oh I see. Please take a seat."

Both sat down.

Mr. Malik: "This all happened in a flash."

Shivaay: "Tell me. Who do you think can do this? Any enemies? Did you pick up a fight with anyone? Did Steve pick up a fight with anyone?"

Mr. Malik looked at Shivaay. He saw Atif in Shivaay. Again.

Mr. Malik: "To be honest. I don't trust Steve. Or David. I don't know but I always get a bad feeling when I'm with them. In my opinion those two could do everything for money. I also started to believe at a certain point that Steve just married my daughter because of my money."

Shivaay: "Hmm. I can agree. David isn't really the one to trust, but Steve is your son-in-law."

Mr. Malik got emotional.