Chapter 21: Demon

Shivaay was at the driver's seat searching for the paper.

After a few minutes he found it.

Shivaay: "There it is. Seems like a place a bit away from town."

He started thinking.

Shivaay < Going alone there isn't very smart. Besides I don't know how many enemies there will be. >

Shivaay put the paper in his pocket.

Shivaay: "I'm going to look at it later. It's time to visit Steve again."

He set off to Steve's house.

It was night by now.

As he arrived there, he saw three police cars in front of the house. The blue light was on.

Shivaay < Three police cars? What is going on? >

"Long time no see, Shivaay."

Shivaay saw how a man with a familiar face coming out of the house.

Shivaay was surprised.

Shivaay: "You? 005."

005: "Yeah."

He looked closer at Shivaay.

005 < He changed quite a lot. Well it isn't a surprise. >

Shivaay got serious.

Shivaay: "What is going on?"

005: "Well two dead bodies were found, buried in their garden."

Shivaay sighed.

Shivaay: "What are you talking about? Two dead bodies?"

005: "Yes. They were burned first and then buried. You know what is interesting? Both dead bodies are as large as five to six years old children. One is a boy and one a girl."

Shivaay was shaken. His big eyes were glowing in the blue light. It looked like as he was crying, but actually he wasn't.

005: "Those two will now be taken to the police station. They are under suspect."

Then he saw how the officers were taking Steve and Shraddha to the police cars. Handcuffed.

Shivaay: "005."

005: "Got that."

005: "Hey! Wait. Let him talk to them."

Shivaay went to Steve and Shraddha.

Shivaay: "What am I hearing? Steve. Shraddha."

Steve was nearly out of breath.

Steve: "Shivaay, my friend."

He started to cry.

Shivaay put his hand on their shoulders.

Shivaay: "As long as I'm here, nothing will happen to you. Do as they say, okay? I will find that bastard who did this."

Then the police officers took them away.

Shivaay < This is getting pretty harsh. Who dared to put their hand on this family? >

005: "We will do our best."

Shivaay: "Yeah, me too."

Shivaay put out the paper he found at the van.

Shivaay: "Today. At midday. Some guys tried to kidnap Shraddha. They wanted to bring her to that address. Go there with your force. Maybe you will find something."

005 took it.

005: "Got it. By the way it is good to see you. Old friend."

Shivaay didn't say a word and walked away.

005: "No emotions huh? As I look at him, I can say that he is still full of emotions. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been so shocked right now."

At the hotel room.

Shivaay was sitting on a chair.

Shivaay < Have I failed? No! No need to get emotional now. I'm Shivaay- the cold beast. Looks like I have been too soft. >

He stood.

Shivaay: "Whoever did this is going to pay for it."

On the next day.

Steve and Shraddha were home by now. The police was lacking evidence to keep them in the police station.

Shivaay was again in Mr. Malik's office.

Shivaay: "Mr. Malik. I need you to tell me why you don't trust Steve."

Mr. Malik checked first if they were alone.

Shivaay was confused.

Shivaay: "What is it?"

Mr. Malik: "Look. For the whole world my fortune is around forty million euro, but in reality, it is one hundred million. And only me, Shraddha and of course Steve know this. So, it can't be a coincidence that the kidnappers demanded one hundred million. You understand what I'm trying to tell you, right? And I also think that Shraddha isn't as innocent as she pretends."

Shivaay: "With due respect Mr. Malik. She is your daughter."

Mr. Malik: "I'm just a broken old man. I'm weak now. The perfect time to rob my money and all that. Please think about it Shivaay."

Shivaay was putting all the things together.

He put his hand on his head.

Shivaay: "That was enough for me."

He stood up.

Shivaay: "I will end it now."

Mr. Malik: "What are you going to do?"

Shivaay: "What I should have done earlier."

Shivaay < Separate Steve from Shraddha. Or in the worst case. To put them both in jail. >

He left the office and set off to Steve's house.

Shivaay went out of the building and sat down on a bench.

Shivaay: "This can't be. I did everything to protect them. To protect her. To only get betrayed in the end? If this is true than the whole situation is worse up than I thought. Who should I protect? Shraddha and Steve or Mr. Malik?"

Shivaay was actually feeling desperate. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't support evil, but he also couldn't stand against it now.

Next Chapter "Show them your true side"