Panic

September prompt: Birthday

"Where are they Edmund?" Jadis murmered, circling the boy who was sat in the middle of the cell, shivering and trembling. "Where are your siblings heading? Where is Aslan?"

Edmund swallowed hard, forcing back his tears. "I don't know." He whispered, voice cracking.

Jadis stopped walking and knelt down slowly in front of him, giving him a small smile. "You'll tell me won't you?" She asked, her voice sickly sweet. "After all you wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you."

Edmund's heart skipped a beat. "I - I don't care what happens to me." He said, and he found himself shocked that he truly meant it. He was not going to tell her where his siblings were, no matter what.

"Really?" Jadis said, raising an eyebrow. "What if I told you that if you do not tell me where they are, then I can make your death a slow, and painful one. I can make you bleed, slowly, painfully, as I torture you, the blood draining from your body. I can rip screams from you, rip your skin from your bones, tear your heart to pieces, and make sure you never see the light of day again."

Edmund choked on a sob, shaking hard and all in all feeling like he was going to throw up, would she really do all that?

"I will do it." Jadis whispered, as if reading his mind. "Don't doubt it, I am capable of far worse than you can even imagine, and when I want something, I get it, no matter what it takes for me to do so."

Edmund swallowed hard. "Please." He choked, shaking his head. "Don't."

"Then tell me where your siblings are." Jadis said with a shrug.

Edmund lowered his head in defeat. "No." He whispered, voice so quite that Jadis had to lean a little closer to be able to hear him.

"Then you have just brought death upon yourself." Jadis laughed. "Slow, painful death." And with that she turned to Ginabrik, who gladly handed her his whip.

"We'll start light." She smirked.

Edmund actually nearly threw up, and came so close he gagged. That was light? A whip was considered as light? But... Was she really going to whip him?

"Remove your jumper." Jadis smirked. "It'll hurt more with less layers."

Edmund was absolutely terrified, no words could describe how scared he was, but he knew he couldn't tell Jadis where his siblings were, because the very thought of them maybe having to go through this if they were caught, made him sick. "Please." He tried again. "I - I'm-"

"Do I look like I care if you're a child?" Jadis mocked. "It makes no difference to me , If anything it makes it more entertaining to me, Children have less of a pain tolerance than adults, so it means more screams."

Edmund's eyes were wide. How an earth had he ever trusted this women? How had he ever thought her to be nice?! She was a monster, and now he saw it, he only wish he'd seen it sooner, because now it was too late, way, way too late.

Not wanting to tell her where his family was, he slipped his jumper over his head, taking a deep, shaky breath as he did.

"You can tell me at any point where they are and I'll stop straight away." Jadis told him. "Just keep that in mind, you know how to make me stop."

Edmund braced himself as Jadis walked over to stand behind him, grinning.

"I won't tell you." Edmund whispered.