Proud

Okay, this scene wasn't in the movie and only very briefly in the book so I decided to write a fanfic about it.
••••••••••••••••
Edmund, Aslan and Peter
(Still movie based though 😂)

"Maybe we should get you back to camp." Peter muttered to his brother after Lucy had left to tend to the injured and when Susan had run off to help her.
Edmund stared at him, looking a bit dazed before nodding his head. "Yeah." He breathed.
"Edmund."
The two looked up to see Aslan stood beside them, a small sorta smile on his face.
"A-Aslan?" Edmund choked, looking just as confused as his brother. "I thought- Well, you were-" But he couldn't bring himself to finish his sentence so he just shut his mouth and stared at the lion.
Aslan chuckled a little. "One day you will understand Edmund." He said slowly. "But not now, now may be - too soon."
Edmund frowned at him but didn't say anything, slowly nodding his head instead.
Aslan then turned to Peter. "Peter." He said gently. "Could you go and find me Edmund's sword?"
Peter immediately felt Edmund's hand clamp around his own. "Ed I'll be two seconds." He said, although even he didn't look too happy at the thought of having to leave his brother. "I promise."
Edmund stared at him, a look of almost fear in his eyes before he sighed and nodded his head. " 'k." He mumbled.
Peter gave him a small smile and a kiss on the forehead before standing and running off back to where Aslan had killed the witch and where Edmund's sword was.
He soon found it and grabbed it off the floor. But he couldn't help but glance over at the witches body, sprawled across the floor.
Taking a deep breath he tore his eyes away from her and headed quickly back to his brother and Aslan.
Aslan nodded thankfully at him. "Hand Edmund the sword." He said, nodding at Edmund.
Peter gave a small frown but did as he had said, kneeling in front of his brother and handing him his sword.
Edmund hesitantly took it, a frown also on his face as he stared at Aslan.
"Edmund." Aslan said. "Stand."
Edmund glanced at Peter who nodded and helped him to his feet. But as soon as he was standing his legs buckled beneath him and he fell towards the floor. Peter quickly grabbed him before he landed and helped to steady him, not daring to take away his arm that was wrapped around Edmund's waist.
Aslan nodded at Peter who sighed sadly before he said: "Kneel."
Edmund looked rather shocked for a moment but did as Aslan had said, Peter helping him, smiling proudly. Even though Edmund may not know what was happening, he did - and he'd never felt prouder.
Aslan stepped towards Edmund and placed a paw gently on his shoulder (Peter having to quickly move his hand) before removing it. "Rise, Sir Edmund, knight of Narnia."
Edmund's eyes were wide as Peter helped him to stand. He stared at Aslan in shock, but there was also a look of joy in his eyes.
Peter smiled at his brother as Edmund looked up at him and let out a small, happy laugh.
"Edmund." Aslan said, catching the attention of the two brothers. "By destroying the white witches wand you saved many lives - including your brother's. By destroying the wand you helped kill the witch, she was weakened significantly without her wand. And what you did was one of the bravest things you could ever do, especially after what happened to you with the witch. You should be proud."
Edmund stared at Aslan before turning to Peter and burying his face into his shoulder.
Peter smiled at Aslan for a moment before wrapping his arms tightly around his little brother. "Well done Ed." He whispered in his ear. "I'm proud." He said. "I'm so proud of you Edmund, so, so proud."
Edmund smiled against his brothers shoulder, tears in his eyes. His brother was proud of him, the very thought made him more happy than he'd been all week.
"Love you Edmund." Peter whispered. "And thank you."
Edmund slowly pulled away. "For what?" He asked.
"You saved my life Ed, and so many others too." Peter said with a watery smile.
Edmund smiled a little before the two sunk to the floor, Edmund wrapped tightly in Peter's arms. "Love you too Peter." He choked.
Peter smiled, tightening his grip. Oh yes, proud... so, so, so proud.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
Ik it's short but I hope you liked it! Let me know what you thought in the comments!
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️