Meet the Cast

I entered the room where the official casting of ''The Untamed" will be held. I waited two weeks for this because the audition didn't stop there, we also tried another round until the final decision was made.

We had some test skills that we performed to test our fighting skills since this drama involves fighting with swords. I am used to these scenes because I have been into dramas with these kinds of genres.

I roamed my eyes in this room, trying to look for familiar faces. Luckily, Zhoucheng also got qualified for the role of "Jiang Wanyin", so I bet this series will be fun having him together. At least, I have someone to talk to and not be awkward about it.

"Over here, Mr. Xiao!"

Mister Feng approached me. He is one of the scriptwriters of the drama.

I smiled and walked as he instructed.

"Good morning everyone!"

I showed my respect by bowing to everyone there and they also bowed in return. At least, they are very warm to me.

"Okay, since we're now complete. Let us introduce one another to create a friendly atmosphere, yeah?"

We all nodded and agreed to Mr. Feng.

I sat down beside Zhou Cheng, who is all ears to Mr. Feng.

"Let's start with our main actors, you can introduce yourselves now."

Mr. Feng looked at me. I stood up, fixing, my hair and my shirt. I swallowed hard first before talking.

"Good day everyone! I am Xiao Zhan. I'll be portraying Wei Wuxian. I hope we all get along.''

I gave my signature darling smile. They all clapped their hands at me. At least, my nervousness is reducing now.

Another guy stood up as the manager cued him.

"Hello! I am Wang Yibo, portraying Lan Wangji. Nice to meet you all."

I looked towards him and gave my professional smile. He just looked at me and didn't even smile back.

Maybe he's shy. I wondered. Or arrogant?

The introduction went on as the other actors Introduced themselves. I also found Miss Xuan Lu there, she'll be portraying Jiang Yanli, Wei Wuxian's Shijiè. I felt happy at least I thought that we already shared some conversations before so I'll be comfortable working with her.

As a matter of fact, any actor or actress I worked with is fine, I don't mind at all.

What bothers me was that Wang Yibo over there. Is he in 'in-character mode' right now? Why does he look so cold? Why didn't he not smile at me?

The introductions were over, and the assistant director asked us to get ready for our initial photo shoot.

The staff leads us to our dressing room. All our costumes are there.

I saw Wei Wuxian's outfit.

The outfit has the narrow sleeves that my character favours, and I need to wear it with the same studded arm guards and matching belt and sash which completes the costume.

"Mr. Xiao, are you ready?"

The stylist asked as she went over me.

"Yep!"

I sat down on the chair in front of the mirror. I noticed that Yibo is already there on my left side, his focus is on his phone.

"What's up, yow? Are you excited about this series? Have you read the script already?"