Rumors

Third Person's POV

Yibo drove Zhan to his studio. Zhan didn't look back at Yibo, rushing towards the entrance. Yibo just stared at the man walking away from him. When he's out of sight, he decided to drive away.

"Xiao Zhan, you're finally here."

His manager stood and greeted him. Xu Kai is also there, stood up, and smiled at Zhan, worry is evident in his eyes.

"Yeah, how are you, Mr. Fang?"

Zhan responded with a smile, but his manager didn't return his vibe.

"Why are you with Mr. Wang Yibo today? Today's your off, right? Why do you bother wasting your time with him when you have lots of things to do in the management?"

Zhan pulled off a chair and sat on it. He sigh and responded, "Do I need to explain everything? We're just having fun." He laughed carelessly.

"Xiao Zhan, this is serious. Buzz media is talking about you and Mr. Wang. I know they're an unreliable source, and not everything they post meets true to the eye. But if there's any truth to this, we have to get ahead of it."

"Mr. Fang, I'm not a kid anymore. I know what I am doing. And, Yibo and I are just friends."

"So you're on a first-name basis now?"

Zhan cocked his head. He felt like a child being scolded by his parent for not being able to behave well in a class.

"Mr. Fang, that's because we're friends."

"I know. Okay. But you're staying away from him, right?"

"As much as I can, I'll try. But I can't promise, though. We're still having our shooting, and I bet there will be promotional events as well. You know that very well, Mr. Fang. Am I right?"

Mr. Fang clenched his fist, breathe heavily, and looked at his talent.

"I won't lecture you again, Xiao Zhan. I'm just concerned about your reputation, that's all. If the media will know that you have a special relationship with Mr. Wang, I don't know how I will back you up."

"I've got everything under control. Don't worry."

Mr. Fang's eyes softened, leaned forward, and tap Zhan's head.

"Son, you've worked hard for all these years. There are lots of sleepless nights, burning your midnight candle, all the sweat and blood that you have poured out to get to this point. I don't want you to have regrets in the end."

Zhan heaved a sigh and smiled at him.

"Thank you for your concern."

Mr. Fang smiled coldly and waved goodbye.

Zhan was deep in his thoughts, reflecting what his manager advised him. He was back to the zone when Xu Kai tapped his shoulder.

"Drink this tea. It's a Mint Tea, good for relaxation. It soothes the body and calms the mind."

Xu Kai held a cup of tea in his hand, so Zhan took it and sip it.