Part 17 : Marriage?

I love you
Not because of who you are,
but because of who I am
when I am with you
– Roy Croft
_____________________________________________

Who is she?

*K H U S H I*

We all were sitting at the dining table. Having dinner.

"Aru, we were thinking about your marriage," Natasha said out of the blue.

And the spoon with the rice, Arav was holding wiggled down his hands, clamping on the plate with a thud.

I, Kabir, and Rhea exchanged a blank, gaped-mouth look.

Marriage?

It hit on our nerves and we tried our utmost best to control our outburst. I swear the look Arav was giving us clearly stated you laugh you die.

"Pretty lady, this soon?" he managed to say that gulping down the food.

"This is not at all soon, you are our eldest son and then we have Kabir and Rhea also," She said and this time, Kabir and Rhea choked on their food.

Fair enough

Wait, was Rhea blushing? Does she have a boyfriend? The topic for later. She has teased me a lot. I won't spare her.

"Mom is right Bro. It is the perfect age to get hitched" Rhea said enjoying all of this.

"Oh really. Then you go and get married. Why are you pushing me into hell?" Arav said making a face.

"Arav, I have found a perfect girl for you. And I want you to consider her. Period." Natasha said, and all the pairs of eyes turned towards her.

Arav shouted at the edge of his throat "What?! Are you serious pretty lady, who is she and when did you meet her?"

This lady was enjoying it too. She took all her leisure time to chew back the food and to keep back the fork on the plate. She smiled a little before speaking.

"I know her since she was a kid, she is just so perfect for you. She is just like you. Family matters the most to her, beautiful, kind, sweet, fun-loving and she is also in the business field like you" she was explaining about that mysterious girl as if she is already her daughter-in-law.

I am not jealous.

Yeah?

Yeah.

"Oh! Do I know her?" Arav asked cautiously.

So what if you know her?

Not jealous? Right.

Shut up consy.

"You didn't know her earlier but now you do. And I think you love her and so does she" Nat completed making me and all the other eyes turn towards Arav.

Does Arav love somebody? And the girl loves him too?

Fuck! She seems so confident about it.

"Who is she?" I and Arav both asked.

My curiosity was at its peak. Though I got a teasing glare from Kabir and Rhea and an unwanted one from their dad too, I decided to swiftly ignore it.

Something here is rather more important.

"You, Khushi," Natasha said looking at me, smiling as in it was the best thing she uttered.