Part 18 : Khushi is Arav's strength

No mountain, nor sea,
no thing in this world
can keep us apart
because this is not my world.....

You are.
_________________________________________

That's like a good boy

*K H U S H I*

Should I tell him about last night? That he told me the truth? What should I do? He said he wanted to tell me. I think I should tell him.

"Arav," I said and he looked my way.

"Can I, umm.. ask you something?" I said as we stopped walking.

"I don't have a girlfriend" he winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

He never stops irritating me.

But oh, thank God.

"Please go ahead, you don't need to sort permission," He said as he looked at my serious face.

We again started walking.

"Why do you call Kabir's mom pretty lady?" He looked at me with a blank expression

"It's ok if you don't want to answer, I was just curious.." I said smiling.

And his face paled, and tears started brimming in his eyes.

"Arav, I am extremely sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you in any way, I..." I panicked

He looked directly into my eyes.

"I want to tell you something, the truth of my life. Yesterday also I took you to my place for this reason only" He said, giving me his complete attention.

"You told me the truth, yesterday itself," I said and he looked at me in utter shock and disbelief.

"What?"

"Yes, you told me everything yesterday night." I looked at him.

"Then why the hell are you asking me that question" he snapped angrily.

"Because I want to know. The man who tried to give you all the happiness, the lady who loved you as her son, the couple who legally adopted you, why ain't you addressing them as your mom and dad?" I asked confronting him.

" I don't deserve them. I..." he again started saying the same things.

I was beyond pissed this time. For past these years, he kept blaming himself for something he is not in charge of. And for that, he kept ignoring the people who loves him. Kept himself away from their love and care.

"Ohh shut up" I snapped "I don't know what's wrong with you. Why are you taking the whole blame on yourself? Huh? Adopting you was their fault, not loving you was their fault, deciding to send you back was their fault, and leaving you was their fault. It was all the fault of the parents who bought you. You.are.not.wrong.anywhere. Then why are you being so rude to yourself? Why do you think that you are at fault?" I said annoyed by his statement.

"Maybe it is my fault, that's why they decided to leave me..." he said looking down.

Oh God, I should've talked to him in a calm tone. Why do I have to be an impulsive one?

I cupped his face "You are a complete idiot. You are indeed a very good person. They lost a gem because of their stupid thoughts. Arav, look at me" I said raising his face toward me.

"Why are you even thinking about them? Think about your pretty lady, dad, your sweet sister, and on top of all, your junior, your K, your Kabir. They all love you so much. They are all so proud of you and all they want is for to you be happy and successful in your life. They have made so many efforts to make you feel that you are a part of them. No doubt you have also loved them with your whole heart but... it's high time." I said, determined.

"What for?" He asked stuttering from crying.

I took a pause and said, "For you to address them as your parents". He was about to say something but I continued.

"Arav listen to me first, your past doesn't matters. Your name and surname does not define who you are. You deserve them, their love, and no doubt you are getting it, but what about them? They should also get that respect and position in return, don't you think?" I completed and he started sobbing. He sat on the bench and cried holding my hand.

"I don't want to hurt them, Khushi. I can't afford to hurt them. They love me so very much, I can't... I can't.." he said hugging my waist.

"You'll not. Trust me, you'll not. They would be super happy if you call them mom and dad. They deserve it V" I said rubbing his back and running my hands through his hair to calm him down.

-

"Thank you so very much, Khushi. I was really stupid for thinking all that was my fault. But now I know, that I deserve all the happiness and love and so do they all. They have done a lot of things for me and now it is my turn. I'll give them the love and respect they deserve. Will show them how much grateful and blessed I am to have them" He said with a sparkle in his eyes and a wide grin on his lips. And I smiled back.

I like him in this very version.

"That's like a good boy" I patted his head and he gave a puppy cute smile.

Oh, my cute baby.

"By the way, anything else you are hiding from that night," he asked and I was shocked.

Shitt!

"No. Nothing. Nothing at all" I said looking everywhere but at him.

And he smiled as if he knows everything.

*A R A V*

I was sitting on the bed, stalking Khushi's gram account.

I love her so much man.

This girl is more than perfect to me. No one can handle me the way she did. No one can make me understand but she did that too. She is like an angel who is here to take my sorrows away, to fill my life with love and happiness.

She was right, I should think about calling them mom and dad but...I am too nervous.

I have called her pretty lady for the past 22 years. And now calling her mom is quite difficult. But I can do it, Khushi has asked me to do so, so I will.

I stood in front of the mirror and started practicing.

"Mom dad I love you" no this would not sound good.

"Mom dad tea for you"

"Mom dad let's go shopping"

"Mom dad.... "

"Mom dad....."

ughhhh!

Why is just calling them mom and dad so tough? I tried so many sentences, expressions, and phrases but nothing is working.

I heard a sound of a giggle from my room door.

Oh shit, I forgot to close the door.

Hats off to you Arav.

I cautiously turn to see.....
_____________________________________________

Who would've heard Arav?
B-bye
Take care lovelies
See you super soon
Flower ❤