Chapter 3: Devil Reveals and Hears The Truth

It took a couple of days for Emma to get out of the hospital, and she had to wear a sling for her arm.

A Week Later

Emma was out of the sling for her arm and her and Jon were talking while Lucifer was talking to the Lieutenant, and He said he'd like to work on more cases as a Civilian Consultant. The Lieutenant agreed and officially instated him as a Civilian Consultant and he was partnered with Emma. Lucifer would have his twin look after his son, he until his work would be finished, from 9 A.M to 8 P.M.

Lucifer and Emma started to spend more time together but they did have their moments alone. Lucifer and Emma were asleep in the bed in Emma's house. Ava walked in and woke up Lucifer. Lucifer saw Ava and he looked at the clock and said "What's up Ava? it's 3 am." Ava said, "Zain is crying and I don't know what to do." Lucifer nodded and said, "If you want I can teach you a way to stop him from crying?"

Ava nodded and Lucifer got up without waking Emma. He walked to where Sam was and he could hear him crying, He picked him up and starts to say "Shh, Sam it's ok. It's Daddy." Sam started to stop crying and Ava says "How'd you do that?" Lucifer sat his son down and grabs a baby bottle and gave his son some milk. He looks at Ava and says "Ava he's crying because he's hungry. Give him a bottle if you're awake before we are, ok?"

Ava nodded and Lucifer said "And if you're scared you might do something you don't mean you can wake me up. Do you know how to make a baby bottle?" Ava nodded and said, "Yeah, I do." Lucifer said, "How long have you been up, Honey?" Ava looked at him and he could tell she is tired and she said "Not for long, I heard crying after 2 hours of sleeping." Lucifer says "I'm sorry, you should be asleep right about now."

Ava hugs Lucifer and he picks her up and sits down with her in his lap. Ava put her head on his chest and said "Dad?" Lucifer looked at her and said, "Yeah, what is it?" Ava looks at him and says "Are you really the devil?" Lucifer says "I am." Ava says "Can I see something to prove that?" Lucifer says "Ava, I don't want to scare you." Ava grabbed his hand and squeezed proving that she wouldn't be afraid.

He looked her in the eyes and turned his eyes Red. She hugged him and he hugged her back. They looked over and saw Sam asleep. Lucifer smiled at his son asleep, Lucifer picked up Ava and took her to her room. He sat her on the bed and laid her down and tucked her in. She looked at him and said, "Could you tell me a story to help me sleep?" Lucifer looked at her and said, "You're not scared of me?"

Ava looked at him and said, "No because I know you're nice." Lucifer smiled and wondered if Emma would act like that if he showed her his Devil Eyes. Ava hugged Lucifer and she said, "Mommy, doesn't know does she?" Lucifer nodded and said, "I'm afraid, Ava." Ava says "About what?" Lucifer says "Afraid she won't accept me as me. As The Devil." Meanwhile in the room with Emma. She rolled over and found the bed empty. She got out of bed and went down and saw him in the room with Ava.

She could hear him say "I'm always going to be afraid of showing her my Devil Eyes or Devil Face to your mom. I'm afraid she won't accept me as you did." Emma thinking why does he think he's the Devil then she remembered him getting shot 7 times before she passed out from bleeding out. She walks in and says "Lucifer, I know you're the devil." Lucifer looks at her and says "I know you think I'm lying about being the Devil, Emma."

Emma says "I saw you get shot 7 times. That must be the reason why you can survive." Lucifer says "Can I show you my red eyes?" Emma grabs his hand and Ava gets up and says "Mommy, try to accept him." Emma says "I'll try sweetheart." She looks at Lucifer and his eyes change from Chocolate brown eyes to Red. She didn't believe it, That he was the devil, but his eyes were red.

His eyes change from Red to Chocolate brown, Lucifer looks down in shame at what he was, wanting to be better for her. She said, "Did Sam's mom know the truth?" Lucifer looked at her then looked at the ground and said "Yeah, she did." Emma lifts his face with two-finger and says "You can look at me." Lucifer looks at her scared she could tell he was scared of not being accepted by her.