Chapter 2

My brother had moved out a couple years ago, so his room was open for Will to use. Mom had brought him home but had parked at the bottom of the hill so he could surprise me. Once we got his luggage upstairs, I left him to unpack and went into my room. Blowing out a breath, I laid down on my bed. A soft voice came through the earbud I'd forgotten I was wearing.

"So, how'd it go?"

I yelped and fell off the bed. With a rather loud thud as well. Cackling came through the earbud as Leo lost her mind. "Fiona?"

I sat up and looked over my bed, seeing Will with his head poked around the door, a confused look on his face. "Are you okay?"

I nodded but didn't move from my spot that was wedged between the wall and my bed. "Yeah, just my friend Leo who I didn't hang up on when you surprised me just decided to say hi."

"Ah." Was all he said, a small smile on his face. "Well, I'll leave you to it then."

"Hey! Wipe that grin off your face Will!"

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

I huffed, still sitting on the floor with my arms crossed. "For your information Leo, it was just dandy," I said, lacing my voice with as much anger as I could without just straight yelling.

She chuckled. "That's fun. Anyways, I need to go look as ladylike as possible because my homophobic parents are visiting."

"Oh, is it a switch day?"

"Yup."

"So he/him?"

"Yup."

"That sucks."

"Yup."

I sighed. Leo's parents didn't know about his genderfluid shenanigans, but they've made it very clear to him that anything or anyone that has to do with LGBTQ+ is the devil's work. And while he doesn't live with them anymore, they visit quite often. Ever since he got his hair cut short, they've been trying to push more "straight" vibes into his life. Nothing super aggressive, just questions like, "Have you found a boyfriend yet?"

They're so annoying. Before he realized he was fluid, his name was Leah. But upon having this realization, he made it known (not to his parents) that he wanted to be called Leo. "Well, I'll let you go get fancy-fied. I need to put away my clothes anyways."

"Sure. Walk later?"

"Is it okay if Will comes along? I mean, if he wants to."

"Yeah," He said. "Talk to ya later."

"Byee!"

"Bye bitch!"

I chuckled, putting my earbud away and playing Spotify. Be Nice to Me began playing and I walked outside to grab a pile of clothes that had been left by my door. I dropped the pile next to my dresser, plopped down next to it, and began shoving the clothes into the drawers. After a couple minutes, the song faded out and a familiar guitar beat began playing. I was just nodding along to the song, singing the lyrics, and just having a good time. Then, at the chorus, I heard "The internet has ruined me." being sung from behind me.

At that moment, I remembered just who was in my house. I slowly turned and looked up at him. He had a proud smirk on his face. "You listen to my music?" He asked, that smirk unwavering.

I grumbled something he chose not to hear. Will sat down across from me, stretching his legs out in front of him and leaning against my dresser. We sat in silence until the song ended, and Losing Face came on. Pretty soon, Will started singing along, so I took that as an invitation to sing as well. We just vibed for a while, singing through Losing Face and then Your New Boyfriend. The Nights came on and I popped the question, "Hey I'm going on a walk later with Leo, you wanna come along? He was the one who scared me earlier."

He nodded, ruffled my hair, and then said, "Yeah, I wanna meet my baby cousin's best friend. Besides, anyone who can scare you enough to make you fall off your bed I have to meet."

I rolled my eyes and stood, holding out a hand to help him up. "C'mon, Leo will be here any minute, he just texted me."

"Okay," Will said, grabbing my hand and hefting himself up.

We walked outside after putting on our shoes, just as Leo's black SUV pulled into the driveway. He got out, clad in a gray t-shirt and black cargo pants. His platinum blonde dyed hair had grown out a bit, revealing dark brown roots, but the familiar swoop was still there. His silver piercings were shining in the sun. "Hey Fia, you wanna go to the park or just stay in the neighborhood?"

"Bitch, you know the answer to that question. TO THE PARK!" I yelled, pulling Will along behind me to get into the back seat.

Will just chuckled, laughing at our insane friendship. Leo closed the front door to the car and turned around asking, "Hey, I invited Clay as well if that's ok."

I gave him a wide grin. "Mhmm that's totally fine. Me and Will can go a different way if you want some alone time~"

Leo groaned, "Just play some music or I'm kicking you out of my car."

I smirked, pulling out my phone and playing Heat Waves. I could feel Leo's glare through the rearview mirror as he backed out of my driveway. I put Helium into the queue, followed by The Search, Your New Boyfriend, Runaway, and Sweater Weather. We drove for about 20 minutes before turning into a parking lot that was placed next to a large playground. A wide grass plain, with lots of small trees littered about, was to the left of the parking lot extending behind the playground, and around to the right of the lot. There was a green Toyota in the lot, and behind it was a blonde man with green eyes and a million freckles. He was in a black t-shirt with red gym shorts. As soon as the car parked, I unbuckled, jumped out of the car, and ran up behind him. "CLAY!" I yelled as I ran over, waving dramatically.

"Hey Fiona! Leo there too?" He said smiling, as he turned to face me.

"Yep and Will!"

"Who's-"

He stopped abruptly as he saw Will walk around the side of the car. "Wilbur?"

a/n
I have a feeling y'all know who Clay is. Also, I'll get to the plot eventually, I promise. Right now I'm just the setting up the whole thing.