Chapter 8

A couple weeks passed, and suddenly it was only one week until Will left to go back to London. I smiled sadly as I looked up at the ceiling from my bed. The light shining through my window was blinding, so of course I rolled over and faced away from it. Only to be met by a blonde haired head snuggled into mountains of pillows. I screamed. Who the hell was it? Why is it in my bed? I scrambled back, still screaming, and looked around. And then realized that this in fact, was not my room. At this point the thing raised its head, or his head, I guess based on the features. And the voice that he spoke in. “Huh? Betty go back to sleep, I'm tired.”

He patted my head, like someone would do to a pet or a partner. “Umm, I’m not Betty.” I squeaked. “Who are you?”

His blue eyes focused on me, the haze clearing from them. Then he screamed. And I screamed back. “WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?”

“I JUST ASKED YOU THAT! AND WHO IS BETTY?”

“MY FUCKING DOG! AND I’M NOT GONNA TELL YOU MY NAME BECAUSE YOU WON’T TELL ME YOURS!”

“FINE THEN.”

We both turned away from each other, crossing our arms. But as soon as I turned back around to apologize, my vision faded, and I collapsed into the pillows only to wake up in my real bedroom. 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I turned my head to the side. 9 o’clock. The numbers flashed at me, and the beeping got faster. So I slammed down on the tiny button, turning off the alarm and enclosing me in silence. A moment later, there was a loud knock on the door, followed by Will saying, “Fiona get up, I wanna get a souvenir for Tommy! He’s never been to America.”

He was overly excited. But about what?

“Okay, Okay, lemme get changed real quick. Take a chill pill.”

I stood up, traded my t-shirt and pajama shorts for a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt, and opened the door. And then turned back around because I forgot my keys and my purse. I ran back out, and then slowed to go down the stairs. Will handed me a slice of toast and a couple pieces of bacon as he walked out of the kitchen, and we headed out the front door. As I locked the door, Will ran down into the driveway to stand by my Volkswagen. It was my dad’s old car. When I was done, I turned only to see him trying the door. He looked at me and pouted. “FIONAA! Unlock it!”

I laughed and pressed the button on my keys, making the car’s lights flash and a beep to sound. He opened the door and slid inside, looking really happy for some odd reason. Once I was down by the car, and had the door open, I asked, “What’s got you so giddy?”

“I’m gonna get him a new ‘vlog gun’ as he puts it.” Will said. He paused for a moment. “Since I destroyed his last one. And then I’m gonna hold this one hostage and destroy it if he does anything stupid again.”

I gave him a weird look before shaking my head and shifting into first. Yes, I drive a manual, get over it. My dad taught me. And I’m going to do what he’s taught me as much as I can. Live through the memories, you know? I pushed in the clutch and pressed the “start engine” button, then connected my phone. “Any particular songs you want to listen to?”

“Nah.”

I had added a few since the last time we listened to music together, so I started there. Mary came on. Will started mumble singing along, and I pulled out of the driveway. As we came up on a red light, I asked, “So, who’s this Tommy person?”

“He’s one of the people I stream with. Maybe the next time he streams I can ask to join and just have you there with me.”

“Sounds cool. But would I like him? Like to hang around?”

Will thought for a moment, and came to a conclusion. “Nah. He’s very loud and outgoing, and you're very quiet. Compared to him at least. Plus, you’re both extremely stubborn. And you both like to argue. So, no. Probably not. But I mean maybe you will? I don’t know he’s friends with Ranboo and you two have similar personalities.”

I laughed at his little ramble. “Don't worry about it too much Will. It’ll be fine.”

It was, in fact, not fine. The next day, we got on discord call, 20 minutes before the stream was scheduled, and almost instantly we were fighting. I digress though, because I threw the first blow. The call started simple. Tommy began with a simple, “Hey, Wilbur.”

“Hey-”

“YOU?!” I yelled, interrupting Will, the poor guy. But I had recognized this boy’s voice.

“WHAT?” Tommy yelled back. “WAIT, YOU?!”

“YOU WERE IN MY FUCKING DREAM A COUPLE NIGHTS AGO!”

“YEAH, YOU WERE IN MINE TOO AND YOU WOULDN’T TELL ME YOUR NAME!”

“UM? I ASKED YOU FIRST DIMWIT. BESIDES, YOU CALLED ME BETTY!”

“WELL SORRY I THOUGHT I HAD JUST WOKEN UP!”

“WELL YOU STILL CALLED ME YOUR DOG'S NAME WHILE LOOKING ME DEAD ON!” I paused to take a breath. “AND THEN PATTED MY HEAD TO MAKE ME GO BACK TO SLEEP!”

“WHAT?!” He yelled back. “I DID NOT!”

“YOU SO DID!”

“WOULD YOU BOTH SHUT UP?” Will yelled between us.

Silence filled the room. I spoke up and said, “Sorry Will.” as Tommy said, “Sorry Wilbur.”

“Alright. Tommy, do you know if Phil is available? I might need extra help with this one.”

Tommy sighed and soon the sounds of tapping and clicking came through the call. “Sorry Will, he’s out right now.”

It was Will’s turn to sigh. “Fine. But you two, as soon as Tommy hits the Go Live button not a peep about this dream thing. Fiona, I want to hear more about this later.”

Two small “Okay's" broke the silence. Will took a deep breath. “Okay. Tommy, you can go live now.”

Around five minutes passed, then Tommy started his intro. “WELCOME BACK TO THE STREAM BOYS! How are we doing?”

I muffled a groan, do I really have to do this?

a/n
oh boy
it's really wonderful when there's 2 stubborn people and one really really really likes to argue
I'm looking at you Fiona
it also doesn't help that Wilbur and Tommy are like brothers and also argue all the time
poor Phil is gonna have his hands full