Chapter 13

Six days until I depart.

Had another dream with Tommy. It was a nice bonding time. We played Talkatcha, whether he thought we were or not. Started packing my boots, tennis shoes, and heels. Also some winter dresses. Mom's family live in New York, and sometimes we would spend the holidays with them. It's the only reason I have winter clothes that are up to date. Also had to tell Clay that I'd stream in the UK in a week. I'm a bit busy right now.

Five days until I depart.

I've bought the majority of the gifts I need, including one for Mom, one for Will, and yes, one for Tommy. I also bought all four gifts for the guard girls, and gifts for both Leo and Clay. Lots of Christmas gifts. I began to think that I wanted to write and sing a song with Will.

Four days until I depart.

Coats, pajamas, sweat suits, and everyday clothes go in the suitcase. I grabbed a couple blankets for the trip as well. Made sure I knew where all of my chargers were. Earbuds? Located.

Three days until I depart.

Toiletries! All in the suitcase. Gonna be there for three weeks. Gonna need some feminine hygiene. Got my computer in a case to bring on the flight with me.

Two days until I depart.

Am I forgetting anything? Ack! My minecraft bee! It's my good luck charm! Have to have that! Jesus Christ this is stressful.

One day until I depart.

Bouncing off the walls. Antsy. Anxious. Stressed. Did I mention that I'm a little scared of planes?

Day of departure.

After some scary security, we finally got on the plane. I was in the aisle seat thank god, and after the takeoff, I put in my ear buds, laid my head on my mom's shoulder, and promptly fell asleep. And I slept until we got an hour out from the UK. It was okay, I guess, but as soon as we started to land, I freaked out a bit. My hand was firmly gripping my mom's. And then we landed. And everything was fine. We got our luggage. All of it too. And Will was outside of the airport. "WILL!"

I rushed through the crowd of people, and tackled him with a hug. "Will! I missed you."

He smiled and ruffled my hair. "Hey baby cousin. Nice haircut."

Mom walked up and shook her head at me. "Give the poor man some space, Fiona."

I shook my head at the same time Will said, "It's okay."

She laughed at our predicament. "Hey Will. How've you been in the month we haven't seen you?"

"I've been good, thanks. Fia, are you okay? You're shaking."

"I'll be fine, I think just the combined stress of being on an airplane and being in the UK and being jet lagged and seeing you again just caught up with me."

"You're scared of airplanes?" said a familiar harsh British accent.

I glanced at Will. He shrugged. "He was in town for a video and wanted to come."

I looked around Will at Tommy. There he was. The guy who haunts my dreams. But I mean, I haunt his, so I guess it's transactional? Sort of. He was currently glaring at Will. "You weren't supposed to- nevermind. Fiona! How are you? I like your haircut!"

He glanced at Will and then back at me. Ah, classical eye conversations. I realized he hadn't told Will that we had talked. At all. My eyes narrowed. I let go of Will to walk up to him. Looked him dead in the face, and said, "Thanks! And I'm good, how are you? Also, I wanted to ask, how high are your shoes? Those are some tall heels, Tomathy. They're cute though."

His face turned red with anger as Will burst out laughing. My mom sighed. "Fiona, one, he's here to see when you first get into the country, and two, this is not the time to play Talkatcha. I'm tired and not up for this bullshit."

I stepped back and turned to her. "Sorry Mom. But he should know better. I look like shit right now. He should see me in a day or two so I can look nicer. Plus I'm always up for a game."

Tommy muttered something behind me. It kinda sounded like, "No, y... n't."

I looked back at him. "Huh?"

His cheeks turned pink once more. "Nothing, nothing."

Will glared at him. Wonder what that's about. I shrugged. Whatever. Boys can be weird. "Will, go! Before Mom gets mad that we aren't sleeping yet!" I asked, looking back at him.

"Right!" He said, as he whipped out his keys and began walking towards the car. "Be ready though. Driving on the wrong side of the road is scary."

We all started walking too. As I started, I grinned. "I like a challenge."

Tommy looked away. "Says the person who's afraid of airplanes."

I smacked his arm. Then flipped him off. What's this? Another sigh? Mom sigh 2.0? Oh my god. Unheard of. She started up a conversation with Will, asking him what he had in mind for the weeks, and I stopped listening. I pulled out my phone and started texting Tommy. Even though he was right next to me. Once the message sent, I "accidentally" bumped shoulders with him. "Oh sorry." I said, and tapped my phone aggressively while glaring at him.

Me: YOU DIDN'T TELL ME WILL DIDN'T KNOW

Tommy: SORRY YOU KNOW HOW HE IS

Me: STILL TELL ME NEXT TIME

btw what video are you recording?

Tommy: um. thats undisclosed information.

Me: aww cmon...

Tommy: sorry cant say.
Also sorry for making fun of your fear...
Its a completely valid fear

Me: it's ok. sorry for making the heels comment, i just didn't expect you to be so tall

Tommy: I literally told you that I was 6'3"

Me: i don't recall that. I do remember you saying you were 3'6" though...

Tommy: HEY
DON'T USE YOUR DYSLEXIA TO YOUR ADVANTAGE

Me: whats dsyiaxle?

"What the fuck?" Tommy asked and looked at me.

I snickered and bumped shoulders with him again. "Nothing. You are very tall though. Are you absolutely sure that you're not wearing heels?"

He sighed. "Yes. Though I do recall that you wore heels one day."

"Oh yeah, that was the day you so subtly asked for my number."

He looked away. And Will turned around. "What?"

My eyes widened. "Nothing, just poking fun."

He narrowed his eyes. "Whatever. Here's the car."

We all got in, with Will driving, Mom in the passenger seat, and me and Tommy in the back seats. Will put on his music and began backing out. And my brain decided this was an appropriate time to get sleepy. Then pass out. When I woke up, I was leaned against Tommy's side, and his head was on top of mine. He was asleep. So naturally, I took a selfie. Then the superior being in my body, otherwise known as a brain, decided to pass out again.