Chapter 12

I flipped Scarlett off as I left to go into the living room. We had been talking for a little bit, and at some point she stole my phone again and texted Tommy. Telling him that I was free and he should call me now. And so he did. When the call screen appeared, she set it up facing the group that was talking, and accepted it. The ringer was ignored, I assumed it was Scarlett’s phone. Because she had said that it was her ringtone. So I continued arguing with Kaz while Scarlett walked into the hallway to get some quiet for her “phone call.”

I heard a guy’s voice from the hallway yell, and I instantly recognized the harsh British voice..

“Hey Fio- Wait. HEY YOU'RE NOT FIONA!”

I heard shushing from Scarlett. Then quiet whispering. From Scarlett. I opened the door and leaned against the frame. “Having fun there, Scarlett?”

She squeaked. “Fiona! How are you?? I’m just over here calling my dad...”

“Yeah right. Hey, Tommy, how you doing? How much has this bitch here traumatized you?”

He remained silent. Hesitating. “I’m good Fiona… Um, should I leave? The tension is seeping through the phone.”

I laughed darkly. “No, stay here. I’ll talk to you first.”

A weak “okay” comes from the boy. I walked past Scarlett, grabbing my phone on the way.. “I’ll deal with that one later. So, the dream right?”

“Yeah, I don’t mind them, it’s just, I don't know. Weird?”

I nodded. “Yup. Pretty much. It’s weird knowing someone that you had a dream about before even meeting them, and also knowing that they’re having the exact same dream.”

"Yeah… So what are we doing about it?"

I looked away from the camera in thought. "I dunno. I don't normally dream, so this is new to me. I've only really had nightmares before."

"Oh."

"Yeah they used to come pretty often when I was a kid. But they've pretty much stopped by now."

"I see."

"What's with the short answers?"

"You… no, nevermind, no reason. Carry on."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "You're lying. Don't lie. Are you a child? 

"I'M NOT A CHILD!"

I snickered. "You're too easy to annoy Tommy. Step up your game."

His face scrunched up in more annoyance. "Well maybe if someone wasn't so good at it then we could have a normal conversation."

"We could if one of us matured 15 years."

"FUCKING BITCH, DID YOU JUST CALL ME A 3 YEAR OLD?"

"You are a child."

He yelled in even more annoyance. I chuckled. There was no end. "You know what Fiona?" He asked.

I inspected my fingernails. "Hm?" 

"...Stop."

I burst out laughing. "That's what you want me to know?"

"SHUT UP WOMAN!"

I, in fact, did not shut up. I continued laughing. "I'm crying, oh my god."

He crossed his arms and pouted. "How are you so good at arguing?"

I took a deep breath and wiped under my eyes. "I'm stubborn and I have lots of experience. I was in the debate club sophomore year, and I have an older brother. We argue a lot. But he's cool. Plus, my dad and I had this game where we would play this game together where we’d argue over each other."

"Oh. I'm an only child. What’s the game called?"

"Talkatcha. Also, that explains a lot."

He frowned. “Rude. But I've never heard of it?”

“It’s made up.”

“Ohhh.”

“Yeah.”

I looked down, thinking of all the times I’d played and never won. Tommy gave me a look, whatever it meant I don’t know, and then asked. “You wanna play? It sounds fun.”

I glanced at the hallway, where 4 heads were watching me. “No, but maybe later. I have to deal with someone.”

“Oh, right. Talk later then?”

“Yeah, I’ll call you.”

“Okay.”

I smiled and moved to stand up. “Bye,” I said, and turned to the halway. “SCARLETT!”

“Bye,” was all he said. And then he hung up. 

I let out another dark laugh. “Scarlett, get your FUCKING ASS OVER HERE!”

A yelp sounded from her room. “Yes Fiona?”

“I want to know what prompted you to get Tommy to call?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

I raised a brow. “Hm, well, I guess I’ll go call Elijah. I bet he’d be glad to talk to you out of the blue.”

“NO- I mean, no, please don’t. I thought it would be funny.”

“Hm, yeah. And when the conversation went downhill?”

“Wasn’t so funny.”

“Yeah.”

She looked behind her at the door to her room. “Well, at least he was nice.”

I gave her a look. “When?”

“He was about to compliment you.”

I blinked. “Huh?”

“When he got ‘short’ with his responses?”

“Huh?”

“He was probably gonna say something along the lines of, ‘Your haircut looks good,” or ‘You look pretty today.’ ”

“What?”

Scarlett smacked her face. “You oblivious fucker.”

“What? Sorry I was a little busy trying to annoy him.”

There was a sigh from Scarlett’s room. I rolled my eyes. “It’s so easy to get under his skin. You know how I am. I like to argue. He’s the perfect opponent. He can’t win, but he still participates. It’s fun.”

My hands were on my hips at this point. And they could tell I was rambling. I sighed. “Whatever.”

Kaz was snickering. She began whispering into Scarlett’s ear. I glared at them. “No, I don’t like him. Not like that at least.”

They both sighed, Scarlett being the most dramatic with her movements. “Wanna watch a movie anyone?” Kaz asked to ease the tension.

“Hell yeah,” I said.

Kaz patted my shoulder as she passed me on her way to sit down. My phone went off, a text came through… I looked at it, Tommy and Mom. I clicked on Mom’s first. 
Hey sweetie, just wanted to tell you that Will called. He’s asking if we want to go to the UK for Christmas. 

I smiled. Yes of course! I’ll just have to get the girls’ presents sooner.

Three dots appeared, then:

Okay, we leave in a week. Get cracking. I’ll send $150 to your account.

I left her on read. And turned to look at the girls. “I’m going to the UK for Christmas! To see Will!”

a/n
hahaha I'm going to drop a whole bunch of chapters
it's my Christmas gift to yall
- 3 -