Part 5: A New Life

Warning: I'm an Anime only so most of the lore may be wrong or changed in this story(maybe ı would even forget lore given by anime too sometimes ıdk). So ı'm sorry for those.

And thanks for the amazing helps from my new beta reader "The_Appa_Man" His help improved the writing in this a lot. All the differences in the writing style and fixes is his work.

Part 5: A New Life

Subaru and Emilia were shocked and confused. They had no idea what just happened.

Subaru didn't understand what she meant. Did she die? Why did she still say she will exist? Did he do something wrong? He wasn't sure.

Emilia on the other hand didn't understand anything. For the first time in her life she met the person everyone was comparing her to. She expected a monster. She expected Subaru to fear her. But what she saw was just a person. A scared person. She didn't know how to react to any of it.

"Su-Subaru...", she called out, still trying her best to comprehend the situation.

"Y-Yes?"

"What happened just now?"

"I... I don't know", Subaru replied honestly.

A door knocked after their small exchange.

Regaining his composure and clearing his throat, Subaru called out ,"Come in."

Ram and Rem walked into the room.

"Mieria! Barusu! It's time to work."

"Of course Boss!", he shouted, shifting his focus from what had happened.

Subaru sensed a weird happiness coming from Ram after hearing the word "Boss".

"I guess she didn't change that much", he thought to himself.

Ram and Rem took Emilia and Subaru to get their new "job" outfits.

"I have been waiting to see this for my entire life!", Subaru exclaimed.

"Huh? What are you waiting to see Subaru?", Emilia asked.

"Um... You know. What I will wear when I work... ehe...", he said, trying to cover his excitement. He wanted to see Emilia in the maid outfit so badly.

Emilia felt something was fishy. Subaru had a habit of lying and with experience, she started to understand his behavior when he hid things from her.

"Sure..."

After that fun talk Subaru turned his attention to Rem. Emilia looked at him and then whispered in his ear.

"Try to talk to her."

"Huh?"

When he turned his eyes back to Emilia he saw a warm smile from her. Subaru smiled back in return. He walked ahead, a little too fast, and tried to start a conversation with Rem.

"So... um... I never saw you talk as much as your sister", he said, expecting a reply.

"..."

Silence...

Subaru felt he was sweating.

"Well I guess I need to earn your trust, huh? Right Boss?", he asked, trying to sound funny.

"It will be a high order when I look at you, Barusu", Ram replied.

"You don't have to be that harsh...", Subaru cried out in the good ol' way.