Part 8: Her Turn

Warning: I'm an Anime only so most of the lore may be wrong or changed in this story(maybe ı would even forget lore given by anime too sometimes ıdk). So ı'm sorry for those. (But ı also started reading novels and looking at extra lore so you can see them here as well)

And thanks for the amazing helps from my new beta reader "The_Appa_Man" His help improved the writing in this a lot. All the differences in the writing style and fixes is his work.

Part 8: Her Turn

A new day was born.

"I will protect your smiles"

Emilia's last words echoed in her mind over and over again. Her soul was moving around in nothingness until she finally started to feel again. She didn't know if the pain in her chest was real or not but it hurt. It hurt a lot. That single second of pain didn't make her scream; it made her uncontrollably cry. But after that, she finally felt her body truly once more. Again in a bed with Subaru.

Subaru felt the same. Same pain, same reunion with life.

He lost again. After his promise to Emilia he failed to keep that promise. She trusted him and this time everything got worse. He wanted her to scream at him, get angry at him. How could he do that to her? She trusted him. She needed to punish him by giving him more pain.

But it didn't happen. Like the last time, what he got was a comforting hug. But this time there wasn't a cry.

"Are you alright?", Emilia said with a comforting voice while patting his hair.

Subaru was taken aback by how Emilia acted.

"Emilia are you alright?", Subaru wanted to know if she was fine after what happened.

"I-I am, I suppose...", Emilia said.

Emilia looked at Subaru's face. She saw his fear and sadness. Tears came from his eyes without a halt, landing in the bed's duvet. She didn't want to see that anymore. Emilia looked at the door. And started to walk towards it.

"Huh... Emilia?", Subaru said.

Emilia stopped. Her sweat was stuck to her chin while she was trying to hold her emotions. She quickly turned to Subaru.

"I will handle this. Don't worry Subaru", she said with a mix of fear and guilt even though she wanted to sound calm and happy.

Even though she wanted to protect everyone, her reliance over Subaru and knowing the possibility of how many times Subaru was the one who was saving them made her feel untrustworthy of herself and her skills. But she didn't want Subaru to handle this with how much pain he had to go through.

Subaru didn't know how to answer her.

"Wh-What are you going to do?", Subaru asked.

"I will just go to the village and find those Assassins.", Emilia said while opening the door. Right before she opened it, her arm was grabbed by Subaru.

"Emilia no!", Subaru said. He couldn't let her do this.

"I can handle them. Just let me go!", Emilia said, emotions she tried to bury came out of her mouth just as she said that and accidently she pushed Subaru to the bed. And Subaru hit his head.

"Su-Subaru!", Emilia quickly ran to him.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!", Emilia screamed involuntarily while using her healing magic on Subaru even though he didn't need it.