Part 11: The Demon on The Road

Warning: I'm an Anime only so most of the lore may be wrong or changed in this story(maybe ı would even forget lore given by anime too sometimes ıdk). So ı'm sorry for those. (But ı also started reading novels and looking at extra lore so you can see them here as well)

Part 11: The Demon on The Road

The new journey for Subaru, Emilia and the oni sisters had begun.

Rem started to ride the carriage to their new destination. The Elior forest. Emilia's old home.

It was a long time for her since she had last visited the place. With her added memories from the Sanctuary, the forest itself sparked many emotions for Emilia. Knowing the reason why she even decided to become a candidate was her own doing, knowing that all those elves that are frozen in ice for years were her own cause, it was a terrible feeling for Emilia. But she didn't focus on that, she just couldn't. If she screwed up like this until she fixed her mistake there was no stop. She will save all the elves from their frozen fate even if they accept her or not. She got used to not being accepted anyway.

"Emilia-tan?", Subaru was worried about his partner's troubled looking face.

"Oh... Sorry I was just thinking about things...", Emilia said with a small smile holding both Subaru's and Ram's hand.

Normally Subaru would feel embarrassed by the mere fact that Emilia is casually holding his hand. He would freak out or scream with a happy tone but with looking at her face he just knew he couldn't. Emilia looked just glad to be with them after everything that has happened.. Subaru just can't act like his normal self when he saw her painful yet beautiful smile. He just gave a calm smile to assure her that he will be with her.

"DEVIL!", A sound came outside of the carriage.

"Huh!", Emilia's eyes were wight open with the sound that came.

So many different things thrown at the carriage. While they were focusing on each other they didn't realize they were passing the Irlam village.

"Bu-But I wear the cloak...", Emilia said, scared by the sudden attack on the carriage.

"Devil's pet! She must be with him!", Another sound came.

"Huh...", Emilia turned to Subaru.

Subaru was shocked to hear that. Even though he already faced it with Emilia when the assassins attacked, he was so used to the friendly village he once was seen as the hero.

He looked outside of the window to see feelings he never got. All the villagers looked at him with rage, anger, fear.

He didn't know what to do. Didn't they realize they tried to protect them. They never even hurt them but they only saw them as a monster.

A tomato was thrown at the window Subaru was looking at. In a reflex he jumped away to the other side of the carriage making it lose control for a while.

Rem tried her best to go fast but with that sudden move from Subaru, the carriage became harder to control.

"Leave our village you monsters!", A villager said.

They feared them even more than usual but also they wanted to protect the honor of the two warriors who tried to save them from "The Second Coming of Satella". The villagers who saw the terror in the face of the two warriors wanted revenge. The small girl Meili was all bloody and couldn't even walk and the older girl Elsa was torn apart. Her clothes were all ripped out with blood coming out of every part of her body. Her hands were frozen, unable to even move and her face was both tired and terrified at the same time. The sight they saw from both of them confirmed the evil from "The Second Coming of Satella" and her pet they started to call just to mock the monster's entire being. A person who is following the witch's foot steps only should be considered as that.