Part 3 ReWritten

Warning: I'm an Anime only so most of the lore may be wrong or changed in this story(maybe ı would even forget lore given by anime too sometimes ıdk). So ı'm sorry for those.

And thanks for the amazing helps from my new beta reader "The_Appa_Man" His help improved the writing in this a lot. All the differences in the writing style and fixes is his work.

Also this is a rewrite from the original part 3. I will continue rewriting the fanfic until the end of arc 1(part 4) to get a more consistent writing through chapters.

Part 3: Mansion

Subaru and Emilia were following the oni sisters to the mansion. Most of the walk was silent with Ram occasionally watching over these new people who she sees as either danger or two idiots.

She didn't care anyway. Even if they are dangerous or not, she wanted to use them to escape from her owner with her sister. At least to find a way to make her sister escape from him.

Subaru felt awkward from this silence.

"So-"

"Shut up", Ram said, cutting Subaru's chance of talking.

Hearing Ram, Subaru stopped his attempt to connect with the oni sisters.

Subaru was thinking about how this Ram was even more angry in nature. She felt emotionally unstable. He guessed she calmed down over the years.

Though right now who he cared about was Rem. She was here, moving again, talking again. And he was so happy about it. Seeing her moving, emoting, talking. He felt happy with the chance to see Rem like that again. Even if she is now a little kid.

Emilia on the other hand was thinking about other things. Her dream was weird when she slept. Complete darkness with the presence of multiple people. Five to be exact counting herself. And she heard random things all over the place. Words from Subaru, words from someone who sounded like her. And someone she felt familiar with as well. But she wasn't able to connect to any of it. She passed it as a dream but it still made her think.

Then she looked at Rem again as well. She knew her from Subaru but when looking at her, she started to remember the Rem she knew as well. Like a side effect of the dream, her memories of Rem started to reappear. Her time as a maid in the mansion, her behaviour towards Subaru after the mabeast attack and...

"Su-Subaru...", Emilia said while blushing.

"Huh? Are you alright Emilia-tan?", Subaru asked, worried about his friend.

"Can you come he-here...?", Emilia said, while pointing his ear.

"Of course!", Subaru said.

Emilia whispered to Subaru. Her face went all red when talking about it.

"Wh-What did we do with Rem when we both got dr-drunk?", Emilia asked.

Subaru looked at her confused but then in a second realization kicked in.

"Wait Emilia-tan y-you remember her!", Subaru said with a happy loud voice.

With that voice Ram turned her face to Subaru. A face that made him shut up in an instant.

"Sorry...", Subaru said and turned back to Emilia.

"Emilia-tan th-that's awesome!", Subaru said with a lower voice.

"Yes... But I also started to remember memories of... Subaru...", Emilia started to look angry while still blushing.

"Eh...", Subaru was surprised by her look. A bit scared actually.