Part 6: The Assassins

Warning: I'm an Anime only so most of the lore may be wrong or changed in this story(maybe ı would even forget lore given by anime too sometimes ıdk). So ı'm sorry for those. (But ı also started reading novels and looking at extra lore so you can see them here as well)

And thanks for the amazing helps from my new beta reader "The_Appa_Man" His help improved the writing in this a lot. All the differences in the writing style and fixes is his work.

Part 6: The Assassins

Emilia started to feel her body once again. Coldness of death was replaced with the warmth of life. She started to breathe and like a nightmare, she opened her eyes. But she knew it wasn't a nightmare. What happened was real. She felt it. The pain in her body, the warm liquid that was her blood and the chill she felt in her last moments... And of course the cries of a child she heard in her ears, begging for her to stay. That cry still felt like it's there, continuing to torment her. This experience could have easily broken her, maybe it did but even before she was able to think any of this she saw an another figure that had the same look in his eyes. Finally she realized they were in a bed.

"Su-Subaru", she forced herself to say.

She wasn't able to talk normally. It wasn't just because of the experience she endured, but due to all that torment she felt like she lost her ability to speak and was a baby who is learning to speak. She wasn't able to talk that easily and tried to get a hold of her senses first.

Subaru didn't seem to answer her. His face was showing all the trauma he went through. He even forgot that now Emilia had to suffer the same fate as he did. He had so many emotions at once - anger, fear, frustration. It seemed like after everything he had been through ,nothing had changed and maybe it got even worse. Right as he thought that, an even warmer sensation started to surround him but it was cut short by the small tear drops that he felt in his shoulder. The voice of cries that reached his heart and made him feel like his own emotions had found a body of their own. It was Emilia hugging him.

Subaru turned his face towards her. Looking at her made him feel worse as he remembered she had to feel the same pain. The same slow death as he did. It made him even more angry, angry at himself. The problem he was scared of the most started to happen. Why? Why can't he just be the only one to suffer from this? Why now people he cared about, people he would die endlessly to save have to suffer the same hellish loop with him now?

Emilia's cries started to get slower as she started to get used to her surroundings. Subaru slowly distanced himself from her.

"A-Are you okay?", she asked, again not caring about herself.

"I...", Subaru was not facing her. He was trying to hide his true feelings.

Both woke up earlier than they usually did with this nightmarish death they felt.

"Please tell me what happened!", Emilia said. She wasn't able to accept that she died in front of Ram. Ram's cries were in her eyes, in her ears. And she didn't even know why this had to happen.

Subaru wasn't able to hide his face. Tears started falling from his eyes which made Emilia stop. Emilia wasn't able to see anyone else cry again. She tried to act calmly. She fixed her stance and cleaned tears from her face. She tried once again to ask him.

"Subaru please tell me.", She still tried to not break down by saying every word.

Subaru finally looked at her face.

"I'm sorry", he said, blaming himself for all that happened to her.

While they both were still in pain, seeing each other made them feel better with both hugging each other one last time. They craved their love for each other more than ever.