Part 12: The Lost Bond

Warning: I'm an Anime only so most of the lore may be wrong or changed in this story(maybe ı would even forget lore given by anime too sometimes ıdk). So ı'm sorry for those. (But ı also started reading novels and looking at extra lore so you can see them here as well)

Part 12: The Lost Bond

"Alright follow me", Emilia said while taking the role of the leader.

The other three and the earth dragon followed her.

While walking, she observed the forest. She felt a mix of nostalgia and melancholy inside herself. This place was able to bring her so many bad memories yet it was one of the only places where she felt comfortable with saying "home". Walking in its snow made her feel guilty because she knew why it was here. A slip of rage caused all of this and she knew that rage was not gone. She remembered Fortuna's death and her reaction after that but then she also remembered how she acted when she fought Elsa. That frustration, that rage came again and it caused her to come back here once more.

She continued leading them. She once more looked at her surroundings but this time she clearly looked at the stones and trees. She had a small smile while looking at those.

The dark memories and guilt were replaced by the sweet nostalgia. Her memories where she was happy. Either when she was with Fortuna or Puck, there were still moments that gave color to her life as much as it was slowly losing that color. A color she regained after she met Subaru.

"Come on! Just let me go faster you damn dragon", Subaru said, still fighting with the dragon.

"It's clear that you suck at controlling him, Barusu", Ram said.

"No, Just this one sucks... Ah Patrasche I wish I could just see you again...", Subaru said with a small sorrow but more frustration by this new earth dragon.

After complaining Subaru saw Emilia watching him.

"Huh Emilia-tan? What happened?", Subaru asked.

"Nothing. Just I wondered if you need help", Emilia said.

"No I-I'm fine. I was actually trying to walk near you but this dragon is really giving me a hard time", Subaru said.

Emilia walked to him and held the rope that held the dragon. Then she slowly patted the dragon and relaxed her.

Subaru looked at Emilia. He was grateful for her help but slowly a feeling started to grow on him. A feeling of...

"Emilia-tan I could've done that", Subaru said.

"I know just... I wanted to help", Emilia said with a smile.

Subaru couldn't say anything to that smile.

"I- Um... Thank you.", Subaru said with a small smile.

Subaru and Emilia held the dragon together.

"So Emilia-tan this was where you lived for a long time huh", Subaru said.

"Yeah. It's a really great place to call my home", Emilia said with a small smile.

She looks at Subaru's red freezing face.

"Well other than the cold...", Emilia said and looked at others while touching Subaru's face.

"We probably should go to my home fast and find something to make it a bit hotter", Emilia said.

Other three nodded.

While they walked they started to hear sounds of people.

Upon hearing them Emilia had an another nostalgic yet sad feeling. She remembered the times where she went to the village while hearing all these lively happy sounds but slowly fading away while she was entering that village. It was teasing her. So hearing it again made her feel weird. Right now she had friends and even a family for her but that village still teased her. In a deeper place she really wanted these people to love her as much as her friends did. Because even though she left her home for a long time it was still in her heart and she wanted everyone who lived here to like her as well. She wanted her home to be a home she wanted to return to.