Masquerade

Elise had been explaining for the past hour who her father was and coming clean of everything. She told the Mikaelson siblings that he had been after her for years and had only recently been captured. Her father caught her just before her escape and the night she ran was the night he was going to kill her.

He had a chair for her, one that sat in the middle of an empty room that would be filled with his men and she was going to be tortured to death with his own hands. Elise never knew that he was a vampire until Elijah suggested it due to his sudden raise of emotions at some point in her life.

It made sense - he had come back from this 'business trip' with his heightened emotions, his touch was colder than ever and she could've sworn his eyes turned a different colour at some point. She seemed scared, naturally, but Rebekah comforted her with the fact that she was protected by them.

Klaus mentioned the fact that Peter, Elise's father, would keep sending his men after her for him but there was a possibility that he would come to collect her himself due to the group being slaughtered without any explanation. He should've wrote a note saying: Klaus Mikaelson was here.

After Elise explained everything to the siblings, Cami, the woman from the bar, came in suddenly.

"Klaus?" Cami called out, everyone's head's turned in her direction.

The four made their way out the room and towards the open area of the compound where Cami walked in. She paused when she saw Elise.

"You're the girl from the bar who ordered the water" Cami stated. "I didn't expect you to still be here".

"She'll be here for a while due to daddy issues" Klaus smiled, subtly placing his hand on the small of Elise's back which made her tense up.

"Does she... know?" she asked, glancing between the originals.

"She knows" Rebekah chuckled.

"In that case" Cami began, her arm lifted towards them with a small letter in her hand. "A letter. For all of you".

Elijah vampire sped to Cami, taking the letter from her hands and opening it with ease. His eyes scanned the paper and his eyebrows furrowed at what he read.

"What does it say?" Elise asked, trying to see the letter somehow.

"Its from Marcel" he replied, Klaus and Rebekah stiffened but Elise remained confused. She didn't know about Marcel helping out Peter. "It appears that he's throwing a masquerade party. Tonight".

"What on earth for?" Rebekah asked, Elijah shrugged.

"It just says we're all invited, including Elise" he said, stuffing one hand in his pocket. "At 8pm sharp".

"It must be a trick" Klaus stated.

"For what though?" Rebekah asked. "He knows he won't be able to take her and that he won't be able to fight us all in order to take her so...".

"Why don't we find out?" Klaus smirked, the four looked at him confused. "Don't you see, we will be able to find out what kind of a trick he's trying to pull and when he realises that he isn't touching a single hair on Elise's head, he'll want to stop helping Peter".