Set the Spirit Free

Gothel drops Rapunzel's hair in fear and as she feels her energy start to drain, she grips onto her own wrist to see her hand wrinkle as she is now rapidly aging.

Gothel: Oh no, no! What have you done?! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Her hair and skin turn white before she pushes Rapunzel's hair floating around her, away and goes over to the shiniest rocks around her to see her reflection getting worse and worse. In agony, she clutches onto the hood of her cloak to pull it over her face. Rapunzel's hair seems to coil itself around Gothel as if reaching out for the life force it was sucking out. Then we see Moana fall in a crouching position, everyone else following suit as the area around them seems to grey out as if the little life that was on the beach was being sucked out. Everyone's skin starts going pale and breathing starts becoming harder to do.

What am I doing? Rapunzel thought to herself in fear.

Merida, having seen Gothel pull out the dagger beforehand, punches the ground and like before with Drago, a boulder pops out of the ground that sends Gothel flying. She screams at the impact before she starts to descend. Her cloak seems to wrap around her as she falls downward and upon landing, the cloak opens to a burst of dust and Gothel is dead.

Rapunzel gives a gasp at the impact. In a state of mixed emotions, whether or not to feel elated or sorrowful. Yes Gothel may have emotionally abused her but she was still the one who raised her. Who took at least some time to care for her. She knew it was most likely for the better, Gothel was hundreds of years old anyway. And evil but... Rapunzel couldn't help but feel sad that the only person she had known all her life was now gone forever.

Hiccup: Okay, Punz. You can stop n- (cough cough) Rapunzel?

Rapunzel: Wither and decay
End this destiny
Break these earthly chains
And set the spirit free

Merida: Punzie!

Merida gathers her strength and charges at the blond, shoulder shoving her and effectively stopping the incantation. Now unconscious, Rapunzel's hair changes back to it's golden color and everyone else's complexions come back. Merida inhales deeply and crawls over to Rapunzel to gently put her head in her lap. Hiccup notices Drago getting up and takes the chance to shove him as hard as he can until he hits the dome wall, making him go completely limp like Dagur. Rapunzel regains consciousness and her eyelids open slowly to see Merida's worried face.

Merida: Are yeh alright?

Rapunzel: ... Heh, yeah. I'm fine.

We see Moana fighting off Grimmel again before Hiccup sneaks behind him and grabs him by the shoulders, throwing him at the dome wall like he did Drago. And just like Drago, Grimmel falls limp.

Rapunzel: Wha- where's mother?

Merida: (eyes widen) That waz yer mum?

Rapunzel: I... (Sigh) no... It's a long story. Where did she go?

Merida looks over to where the cloak laid and Rapunzel follows her sight. Recognizing it, she gasps and cups her mouth with both hands.

Rapunzel: ... What did I do?

Merida: I doon't know.

Merida helps Rapunzel stand and pats her shoulder in sympathy. To which Rapunzel shakes her head to shake away the sadness she believes she shouldn't feel before they both jog over to the others.