Other Side - Part II

After the shield surrounded us I looked at Alex and gave her a nod, it was a signal to attack; she nodded back and led the army. Even if we were a bit away from the main town but we still made sure to go quietly, we didn't make any noise that would panic the other people and would be the cause of his power.

As we moved closer to the maze, a big black shadowy figure rose up in the air. Which to be honest scared the hell out of me suddenly but I didn't show it or made it obvious. Hell, I was their shield if I showed them that I got scared for a moment they would be scared too, so I acted cool as if his appearance didn't scare me at all. Which was totally false.

As we're moving closer to him some ancients casted a few spells to take him down and nothing worked. Their old techniques seem useless before him. How could Mark say that they were more powerful? Powerful my ass. As I thought this Grandma gave me a death glare and I mouthed a 'sorry' with a funny/embarrassed facial expression. How on earth I forgot that some of them could hear my thoughts! Well, it wasn't the time to feel embarrassed or think about it so I focused my thoughts on the shield.

Nothing wasn't working and they couldn't take him down, Alex stepped in and led the army telling them to cast a weakening spell when they see him vulnerable. They didn't seem to understand her but agreed. I didn't understand either. How on earth would he be vulnerable?

She instructed the grandmasters to cast a spell on his mind along with her, they all made a triangle around him. Floating in the air around his head. Guardians gathered around him in a circle casting a spell on him to freeze him, he couldn't move because of that spell, and all the soldiers casted a spell to make him weak. Now, it was on the ancients and Queen to kill him. That plan of Alex's was pure genius. After seeing that I got the answer to my question.

Everything was going according to the plan, everybody had casted spells now it was on the ancients and grams to kill him when he'll reach his weakest state. I had never seen so much magic in my entire life, it was a whole new experience; felt unreal.

Alex went near him, touched his forehead, and whispered in his ear. She went into his mind to make him weak. You can say she got it from her father. I smiled at this and was waiting for her to make him weak so we could end him but something happened to her, she shivered and opened her eyes suddenly and looked at Mark and me, she shouted: "Mom is alive, he couldn't kill her maybe because he wanted to use her to come out of the maze." She went to the ground and started running somewhere in the maze shouting "MOM! MOM!" It ruined the plan and gave power to that fae, he opened his eyes and they all backed away which broke all the spells. He couldn't feed on us because of the shield but he could fight and knew magic too. He killed some of the soldiers and at that moment I wished if my shield could protect them from physical attacks too but it couldn't. I wanted to run after Alex and protect her too but I couldn't I had to protect everyone. I hated it because I felt so helpless.

I asked Mark to lead them and ordered them to take him down all at once. They all casted the most powerful binding spell which made him unable to move and I asked Grams to kill him. We were all about to kill him and there came a woman running and begging everyone for his life. Everyone was left shaken because that woman was Alex's mother. Alex came running after her, as shocked as us. 

Shielding them was making me dizzy I couldn't take it anymore so I shouted: "Grams, Alex, everybody kill him, I can't take it anymore." Alex and Grams ran toward him, Alex attacked his mind, and Grams stabbed her magic sword into his heart and he disappeared into the thin air like ambers. "We did it!" I said this and collapsed to the ground. Alex, Grams, and Mark ran toward me Alex held me in her arms trying to wake me up. I opened my eyes slowly only to see my loved ones around me, their faces alone gave me life and force. I woke up and hugged them. We were happy to put an end to this chapter.

We were all happy but Alex's mother was in deep shock, she wasn't moving or saying anything. She was just staring at that part of the ground where he was standing when he died. She held the sand from that part of the ground and put it on her face; with her eyes closed she said "I will always love you." And that left us shocked.

She ran towards Alex and choked her "You killed the man I loved now I'm going to kill you." Alex was in deep shock she didn't move or say anything but I pushed her back and said "OVER MY DEAD BODY." I looked at Mark and he didn't seem shocked as if he already knew, his not doing anything made me believe that he knew. I felt like throwing up. Her mother stood up from the ground and came toward Alex I stood before Alex trying to protect her and her mother said to me "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill her because that'd be too easy for her." I looked at her with a strange look in my eyes. She sat before Alex and looked at her, she cupped her face with her hands and smiled which made Alex smile and the love for her mother appeared in her eyes. Immediately at that moment, her mother put out her knife and killed herself by slitting her throat right in front of her eyes and Alex screamed and screamed until she passed out.