10. Hornylovesickmess

When my father returned from his trip early the next day, to say I was disappointed was an understatement. He had Meliodas off running errands when I would stay home, so the only time I could really see him was when I was leaving the house, which wasn't very often. Even so, Meliodas was reserved and kept affection to a minimum, which only confused me more.

Soon, a week had passed since my father's return and I laid in my bed drinking my tea, as usual, when I got a surprise invitation from the girls.

I shut off my phone and held it to my chest, a small smile gracing my features

I shut off my phone and held it to my chest, a small smile gracing my features. It'd been a while since I had been to a party. Today was Wednesday, so I only had two days to kill before the party.

My smile widened when I remembered Meliodas would be accompanying me to this party.

I pulled back my covers and headed toward to bathroom to freshen up for the day.

~

"This is nice. It's the first time we've all gotten to sit down since I returned from the casino," my father chirped from his end of the table, causing my eyes to narrow momentarily.

"How was that trip? I don't think you've told me what it was about yet," I asked, stabbing my fork into my pancake. I lifted my gaze to my father, but I didn't miss Meliodas' stare.

"Well it was boring of course, but business seems to be running well. I just had to go over some paperwork mostly," he replied nonchalantly, his gaze lingering on me. I made a 'hm' sound.

"Why did you have to go all the way to the casino to do paperwork? Couldn't they email it through?" I knew I shouldn't pry, but if what Meliodas said is true, which I don't doubt, his story can't have loopholes.

"I suppose you're right, but I also had to interview some new employees and sign off on important documents with witnesses," his response was well thought out, and I couldn't help feeling sad that he would lie to me.

"Anyway, how was your time here? Meliodas told me you busied yourself with painting and drawing, it's been years since I've seen my pumpkin do that," his smile was genuine, and I felt my anger fizzle into nothing.

"Dad, not the nickname," I fake groaned. Meliodas chuckled and we continued with our normal chatter before we all excused ourselves and went our separate ways.

Just as Meliodas went to leave, I grabbed the sleeve of his jacket. His green eyes landed on my hand and softened before he slowly pulled his arm from my hold.

Why was he being so weird?

"What's up with you?" I asked in a hushed tone as maids and butlers buzzed around tidying the table. My father had gone back to his room, but these employees were just as nosy.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about, Miss Liones," his response was professional, and I felt my stomach drop.

Did my father find out? Did he tell Meliodas to stop engaging with me?

"Yes, you do. Anyway, I'm going to a party on Friday so I thought I'd give you a heads up," I offered a smile, and he returned it before he nodded and followed after my father.

~

'Hornylovesickmess' by Girl in Red blared from my speaker as I stood in front of my bathroom mirror, a flat brush in my right hand and my pomade in my left. With featherlike strokes, I filled in my eyebrows and carved the bottoms with concealer.

Afterward, I primed my lids and blended a few different shades of brown and black into my outer crease for a smokey effect. I put some highlighter in my inner corner before I curled my lashes and applied some mascara.

I matched my natural lip color with some shimmery gloss then stepped back from the mirror. I was wearing a red glittery dress that hugged my hips and thighs, with thin straps and a low, loose neckline.

I paired the outfit with black heels, a necklace, and some rings. I was going to put my hair up but decided to straighten it and cast it over my shoulders.

I looked good.

After spritzing some perfume on my wrists and neck, I grabbed my black purse and headed downstairs. As I stepped down the steps, I scanned the foyer for Meliodas, who was looking out the window away from me.

As he heard the clicking of my heels against the marble flooring, he turned around, a smile lighting up his face.

"Hello, Miss Liones," he greeted formally, earning a warning scowl from me. He chuckled and met me at the bottom of the stairs, grabbing my hand and holding it high as I reached the final step.

"You look gorgeous," his voice whispered as he lowered his mouth to my ear. It sent shudders down my spine and my arms were covered in goosebumps. I felt him pull back and graze his eyes over my face, down my chest, hips, and legs, and I didn't miss his lingering gaze on my feet. I had gotten my nails painted red just for tonight. Meliodas looked back into my eyes with a dark haze over his green orbs.

So we must be alone.

"You look amazing too," I complimented, eyeing his black suit and blood-red tie. I grabbed ahold of it and pulled him even closer.

"Matching," I smiled. He smiled back and pulled away slowly, readjusting his tie. I hooked my arm through his as we opened the door and made our way to the limo, where Chandler was waiting.

"My my, Miss Liones you look lovely," Chandler greeted, his crow's feet prominent as he smiled. I smiled back and blushed.

You knew you looked nice when Chandler complimented you.

He opened the car door for me and Meliodas helped me slide onto the leather seat. The door shut softly behind me, and Meliodas gave Chandler the directions to Diane's apartment before sliding into the spot next to me.

Before Chandler could see, Meliodas put his warm hand on my upper thigh and gave the skin a gentle squeeze. I gasped as he trailed the tips of his fingers up my inner thigh, but before he reached the hem of my dress, he pulled away and fiddled with his tie.

My face was boiling hot, my mouth dry. He had no idea what he'd done to me. What he probably saw as a little tease is going to stay in my mind for days. I met his gaze and he smirked with a wink.

This wasn't like him. He was usually shy and standoffish when it came to affection. I wasn't complaining, but what had changed?

It was going to be a fun night.