30. Waterboarding

Author's Note:

It's been a little while since you've had to read an author's note from me, but I felt it was necessary to remind readers. 

This story, as pointed out in the description, has many trigger warnings including sexual assault, swearing, violence, etc. It also has mature scenes such as smut, which I'm sure is why you're all here anyway. 

If you are sensitive to any of the trigger warnings listed in the description of this book, please unadd this story from your libraries and do not read. I am not responsible for your sensitivity to my writing, as I have already warned you. This story is not for those that dislike dark-natured plots. 

This story is going to contain violence and other unsettling themes. This chapter, for example, has the inclusion of torture. Please be reminded, that as an author, if I ever wrote something as unsettling as rape or any in-depth sexual assault, I would definitely put a trigger warning before the chapter. But just remember, this is what you signed up for when you started this story. 

I do not mean to deter any of my readers with this note. I promise everything that happens to Y/N is pure plot and character development, and I am not just writing about sexual assault for the fun of it, or for a filler in the story. 

It will all make sense later on in the plot. 

That being said, there will not be any rape in this story. But, there will be unsettling scenes, such as the one where Howzer removes Y/N's clothes. 

There will be cases of violence, death, and gore. That is promised. 

I don't feel comfortable talking about it on a social media platform, but if you are a victim of sexual assault, know you are not alone. I am sorry you have had to go through that. 

This note was way longer than necessary, but I wanted to reiterate the story's description. If you have any problem with the story, message me directly so we can have a chat about it. 

I would never want to expose unexpecting readers to themes as extreme as rape. 

Anyway, enjoy this chapter <3

The crisp air gnawed at the skin that used to be smooth and rich but was turned red and raw from the rope. My head hung painfully to the side with my hair stuck to my face, dried by sweat and tears. Attentively, my eyes were shut, but my body was on guard. 

I didn't have to open them to know it was nighttime. I must have passed out a few hours ago.

The low temperatures differed from that of the day. I could no longer feel the heat emanating from the walls and roof of the warehouse. 

I struggled to lift my head up from the cramping in my neck, but the pain subsided at the new position.

I hadn't seen any of the men since they had taken my clothes, except for one of the guards who would come in and give me food and water. I peered down at the bottle of water beside the leg of the chair, which was still full. 

I tried to avoid moving amongst the rope since the majority of my skin was grazed just from being in contact with it. It would hurt too much trying to reach down and grab the bottle, so I left it for emergencies only.