14. The Ride

The next morning, breakfast went by smoothly.

My father still seemed as oblivious as ever regarding Meliodas and my relationship, which was a great sign. After he announced he was leaving for the weekly check-up of the law firm he owned on the other side of town, I fled to my room, Meliodas in tow.

As soon as the door shut behind us, he had pulled me into a warm embrace, his nose in my hair. As he gently inhaled, I smiled against his chest and pulled away.

"So, what do you wanna do today?" Meliodas asked, running his hands down my exposed arms to hold my hands. I shrugged but nodded toward my bed.

"Let's stay in bed all day," I suggested with a smirk. Meliodas rolled his eyes and let go of my hands, only to grab my hips. I raised my eyebrow, then the other, as he pushed me back against the door.

"How about we start with this," he said quietly, tilting his head down to plant a kiss on my lips. The action made me speechless, but as soon as I felt him go to pull away, I snaked my arms around his neck to keep him there.

Meliodas deepened the kiss at my approval, using one of his hands to touch my cheek, then my jaw, before he held my neck gently. I breathed into the kiss as his firm hands applied some pressure.

"Is that okay?" His voice was darker, and I found myself nodding in a trance. I loved whatever he did to me. He nodded quickly then crashed his lips back onto mine. I pulled him even closer to me, loving the feeling of him pressed against my chest.

His teeth nibbled on my bottom lip, causing me to gasp, but he used that to his advantage and put his tongue in my mouth, playing with mine. I moaned again as his hand squeezed my neck, and his other hand lifted up my shirt.

Finally, we would be going further than the quick makeout session.

I arched my back into him as his fingers grazed along my ribs, goosebumps appearing on my skin. He hummed in approval, obviously liking how my body was reacting to his touch. Before he reached the underside of my bra, he reached down and cupped the backs of my thighs, and hoisted me onto his waist.

I acknowledged his hardness pressed underneath me with a slight moan, the dampness between my legs growing. Tingles ignited in my body, and I held his head as we continued kissing.

My fingers tangled in his hair, pulling at the roots. He groaned into my mouth at the contact, and I smirked. His hands reassumed their positions on my neck and under my shirt, this time, he cupped my breast and fondled it firmly.

Wanting more, I broke away from the kiss and ripped my shirt over my head, leaving my top half covered only by a black bra. Meliodas's gaze darkened even more at the swell of my breasts.

I gazed at him under my lashes as he watched me quiver under his contact. The roughness of his firm hands was enough to tip me over the edge alone.

A few knocks sounded right behind my head and I flinched. Meliodas lowered me down quickly and handed me my shirt, which I quickly slipped on.

"Just a sec," I said to the visitor as I patted down my hair and stared at Meliodas.

"The bathroom," I mouthed, which he nodded at. He silently made his way to the bathroom as I took in a deep breath and opened the door, revealing a maid.

"Sorry to disturb, Miss Liones, I just came to grab the tea cart," she said, her eyes peering behind me into the room. She pointed at it over my shoulder, and I breathlessly chuckled.

"Uh, yeah sure, come on in," I stepped out of her way and watched her come inside and wheel the cart back out with her. I shut the door behind her and sighed against the wood.

"That was close," Meliodas blew out a breath as he came out from the bathroom. I threw him a quick glance and rubbed my temples.

"They couldn't have collected the cart during breakfast?" I groaned with a frustrated scowl. Meliodas appeared behind me and planted a kiss on my neck, chuckling against my skin.

"Someone's not happy about being interrupted," he teased, putting his hands on my shoulders. He gently squeezed the muscles and I shut my eyes with a sigh.

"Let's go somewhere - a museum or something? Maybe we could find an art gallery?" He suggested, spinning me around. My heart swelled in my chest.

"Sure, let me just change into something a little nicer then we can go."

~

Chandler was sick today, so Meliodas decided to drive us himself. As we left the estate and walked toward the staff car parking, my eyes almost bulged out of my head.

"I am not getting on that," I squeaked, my feet stirring up dust as I stopped walking. Meliodas halted and looked back at me, his eyes sparkling.

"Come on, Y/N, I wouldn't put you in danger. My job is to protect you, and I will continue doing that even on our dates," he smiled and kept walking toward his bike.

Dates? I had to wipe the smile from my face at his words, instead opting for a nose-in-the-air expression.

"I hate bikes, Meliodas."

He threw his leg over the seat and sighed as he grabbed his helmet off the handle.

"Have you ever been on one?"

"Well, no, but they're so vulnerable to other drivers and-"

He put one hand on his heart and the other in the air, a lopsided smile on his lips.

"I, Meliodas Wrath, swear to drive under the speed limit and keep a safe distance from other drivers for the entirety of this ride." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Fine," I muttered as I took in a deep breath and cautiously walked toward the bike. It was black with a red dragon along the side. I bit my lip as I clumsily hopped on behind him.

"There should be a second helmet in the top-box," he said, his own helmet tucked under his arm as he turned to face me. I reached behind me and opened it, pulling out a similar-looking helmet to his.

I hesitantly put it on and adjusted the visor so my face was completely covered. Meliodas smiled at me before he put on his and turned the key to the motorcycle, the roar turning into a fast idle.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and squeezed my eyes shut as he began rolling.

It was bumpy down the driveway from the pebbles along the road, but once we turned onto the street, it was surprisingly smooth. Meliodas kept to his word and traveled under the speed limit and away from others, but the wind deafened me and swirled my hair. I eventually gained the courage to peep over Meliodas's shoulder toward the oncoming view, which flew toward us fast.

By the time we reached the museum, I was in a much better state than when we left - I was buzzed.

"That," I breathed as I took off my helmet and put it in the trunk, "was so cool. Scary, but cool." He laughed at my reaction as he ran a hand through his hair.

"We will have to do it more often then."