chapter 1

Six years later

Rachel's pov...

" Your wedding was colorful," Lydia Jacob's sister praised, on their first visit to my house after my wedding.

" Thank you, sister Lydia, all that was possible because you all supported the wedding," I answered, curving my lips in a smile.

" It was better than your sister's," Grace added.

Oh, there she was again, with the comparison.
I didn't know why she thought my sister and I were in some sort of competition, I didn't like it, but I couldn't tell her directly, so I had to find the nicest way of expressing myself since she was my husband's elder sister.

    About my marriage, am was excited to finally become Mrs. Jacob, it was like a dream that I thought would never come true.
The six years they gave him were just too unfair, if it was another person, he would have given up, but Jacob loves me too much to let go.
The one thing I loved him for is the respect he has given to my sister, yes he never wanted to marry her, but after I talked to him, he agreed and he had showered her with so much love.
  With her, he had two children, Abigail and Issac, who are very beautiful.

" No sister, they were both nice and colorful, and am glad it all went well," I told her and Lydia agreed with me.

" Whatever, I still think yours was better,'' she said rolling her eyes.

To prepare for My coming, Jacob built two houses, one for Leah and her children and the other one for me.
My husband is a very hard-working man, respected by his peers and the elders.

" Always be happy my dear and bear my brother lots of children," Lydia blessed me, as they were about to leave.

" Thank you and by God's grace, I will," I assured her.

They said their goodbyes and left immediately.

*****

Leah's pov...

This marriage removed shame from my face.
  When I was still in my father's house, different men came to ask for Rachel's hand in marriage, but because of our tradition, they Couldn't succeed.

Jacob impressed all of us, he married me despite not being in love with me.
I thought with the condition they had given him to marry Rachel, he would give up, but he was too determined to marry her.
We celebrated their wedding which was way better than mine.
I can't believe Jacob spent all that money on a wedding, so irritating.

Rachel was just selfish, she couldn't just leave this marriage for me. We all know that if not for Jacob, I wouldn't be married, so why couldn't she just forget about him.
Mother told me men kept coming to ask for Rachel's hand in marriage, but she kept refusing, how selfish.

" Good morning sister?" Rachel who was now In my living room greeted me.

" Oh Rachel, you are here?" I faked a smile.

" Hi, little pumpkins?" She greeted the children.
" How are you, my sister?"

" Am ok, but am very busy right now," I avoided her stare and kept myself busy.

" Can I help with anything?" She asked annoying as always.

" No, am ok," I hit her with a glance.

" My love are you home?"
We heard Jacob's voice from outside.
I knew he was calling Rachel because he only called me by my name.
" Yes my love, am home," Rachel answered," see you, people,"
And she ran out.

I could feel life been hard with the coming of that woman, yes Jacob was never that romantic with me, but at least knowing that I was the only wife was better.

Rachel's pov...

" My love, you are welcome," I told Jacob, pecking his cheek and tried to walk away, but he pulled me back.

" That wasn't enough," he cried and kissed my lips.
" Sweetheart, remember we are outside," I complained shyly looking around, hoping no one saw us.

" So what, you are now my wife, and whether outside or where no one can do anything about it,"
He told me, making me laugh.
" Silly you," I told him and pulled him to follow me,
"come, I have prepared food for you,"

" may I greet my other wife, before I seat down to eat the delicious meal?" he requested but I declined his request and tightened my hold on his wrist,
" You will once you have energy, now come with me,"

Thanks for reading don't forget to comment and vote...