chapter 6

Rachel's pov...

" Am sorry babe, I wasn't supposed to slap her, she has been too much these days and it's very annoying," he apologized pursing his lips.

" Yes, she made a mistake, but no matter what, you don't have to go to an extent of hitting her, a woman, worse still your wife," I said disgustedly.

" Am sorry, it will never happen again," he promised, trying the hold my hand but I pulled away and stood up.

" Tell that to her," I urged before walking away.

I went to Leah's house and found her laying on the couch crying.

" What do you want in my house?" She exclaimed after seeing my face.

" Leah am sorry, Jacob had no right to do that to you," I comforted, sitting next to her but she immediately pushed me away.

" Rachel I hate you!" She shouted looking at me with rage," all this is happening because of you, you have brought nothing but pain to my marriage... No, leave my house,"

" Leah....," I couldn't Contract a sentence.....

" I said leave," she got up and pushed me out.

*****

Leah's pov...

" Mother, am tired of everything. Rachel, she is not a good person," I cried, falling on my mother's lap.

" Don't say that, she is your sister," she defended like always.

I didn't know why, but I felt Rachel was my parent's favorite, they always defended and took her side, which was very irritating.

Even when I tried to complain to my mother, there she was defending her.

" You are defending," I cried, getting up.

" No am not, I just don't want you to have that mentality towards your sister," she explained like I cared.

" I told you, she lied to Jacob that I had gotten in a fight with her, Jacob got upset and hit me, which part of that don't you find selfish?" I challenged pissed off.

" I have heard all that and I will talk to her don't worry," she promised, calming my tempter down.

Hearing that, I fell back on her lap and continued sobbing.

*****

Rachel's pov...

From the time I arrived at my mother's place, she had done nothing but yell at me and I couldn't understand the reason.

" Mum!" I shouted pissed off.

" Don't shout at me like that young lady," she said contemptuously.

"Am sorry, but please listen to me," I said and sighed inwardly before continuing, "I never lied to Jacob about anything, Leah was beating Abi and Jacob got upset. She has been acting so different and I don't understand the reason. Mother, you should have heard how rude she talks to me, she even chased me out of her house,"

" Stopping lying to defend yourself,"

" No mother, am saying the truth, even if Jacob or any of our neighbors were here, they would narrate to you everything," I explained staring at the thought of everything.

" I can't believe your sister, why would she come here and make herself look like the victim," mother complained, after digesting and making sense of what I told her.

" I don't know, but am very upset with her,"

" But why didn't you say anything all this while," she questioned.

" They are our marriage issues and I thought we could solve them," I told and she nodded in understanding.

*******

Immediately after I got home, I went straight to Leah's house increasing my pace after entering the yard.

" How dare you, Leah?" I shouted with grumpiness, after reaching where she was seated, washing her clothes.

" And what is wrong with you?" She asked calmly, not sparing me a glance.

" You went to mother's house and lied to her. why didn't you just tell her the truth, you should have told her about your wicked self.
I have tried to be nice to you, but you are just paranoid and it's...," Before I could finish, she got up and pushed me aggressively.

" How dare you come to my house and insult me, do you no longer have respect, am still your elder sister," she said looking at me ferociously.

" Respect! you don't act like an elder sister, so don't expect to be respected," I said and she slapped me.

I wasn't going to allow her to act all bossy with me, it was too late for that, she had lied to mother, which was the greatest mistake she made.
I wasn't going to let the slap go, so I slapped her back and we began to fight.......

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to comment and vote..