Chapter 4. Sweaty palms

Well, that's not what Ertugrul expected the place to be like. It was absolutely not a caravansaray, but it was not even a palace too. It was something in middle.

So that's where Halime and the twins have been in all these years. It was far from tribe and Soğut but near to Konya. It was a huge place.

As Ertugrul looked over the side, there were woman serving food to poor. He loved that. He smiled as the old woman gave alot of prayers to the woman who was serving, thanking Sultan too for providing them food free everyday and for not letting their children die of starvation.

"Many Emir's and Sultan's important person families live here. We also live her. It's safe and feels like home. A part of it is for the normal people and traders who want to stay for night while other part for the ones related to Selcuk palace. We have a training area too, near stables." Halime informed about the place as they stood outside a two floor building.

"Are you ready?" She questioned facing Gunduz but Ertugrul knew it was for him too.

Was he ready? He don't know that. Looking at his twin children for the first time. What was he supposed to feel? Guilty? Happy? Excited? Or maybe like a loser who didn't knew he had twins.

He knew she was pregnant, he just didn't reached out to her. This marks his fault but she left at midnight without informing him. He just woke up and didn't found her.

She told him that she is going to leave, she can't do this anymore with herself, with their 'once' called fairytale love and their relationship which at one time was perfect. He requested that he will leave her himself wherever she wants to. He wanted one night, not for any forgiveness or anything. He just wanted her beside him if that's the last night of them being together. He just wanted to feel her presence one last night but she left.

She left and he didn't knew where Halime lives though. That marks her fault.

Exhaling a deep breathe Ertugrul blinked once, twice, thrice and...

"Look Gunduz!" Ertugrul faced Gunduz and Gunduz gave him full attention but his eyes lowered.

He was still ashamed. His father must be angry from him. He just didn't showed anything till now. Did he forgave him? He wanted to have a real talk with him about how he got trapped and how he never intended to do anything bad to anyone ever. He was Ertugrul Bey son Gunduz Bey. He could never do something that will tarnish his father's reputation that took him years to build.

"You will not go out of this place. You will not call me baba whenever I'll come to meet you, especially infront of twins. Tell your mother everything that happened in between and we will see if we can pick something. Tell her everything you saw or heard."

Ertugrul stopped.

"I didn't killed anyone baba!" Gunduz interrupted, his under lip wobbling a bit. Ertugrul cupped his face made him look up and then kept his hands on his shoulders.

"Look at me my son! I trust you!...." Ertugrul looked at Halime who looked back at him. "I trust our upbringing." He added and Halime's lips formed a smile.

His voice was so sweet and adorable that Halime couldn't help but smile. The way he said that made her feel special. Made her heart warm. Why was he like that? Why was his one sentence making her go all soft and pass him all the love from her gaze.

"Keep your head up! You are Gunduz Bey. Just be careful. I entrust you to your mother. Spend time with your siblings. Make a special bond with them. Fill the gap of those twelve years of separation. I'll take care of everything over there. And know this that I'm always here."