Chapter 21. Weak Point

"She seems lost. Distanced. Uncomfortable. Very shy." She heard him say as she stood outside their tent, listening to Ertugrul talking to Selcan about her.

That line was the only thing she heard because the rest felt too heavy and deep down she felt too selfish to deny it. She knew it was about her, it defined her, every word held her name with it.

Lost Halime. Distanced Halime. Uncomfortable Halime. Very shy Halime.

It's been two weeks of him finding her lost, distanced, uncomfortable and shy. Every morning she was used to wake up before him, get ready and dodge him and his every chance of talking to her after breakfast perfectly. Days were used to pass dealing with traitors and business of Sogut for him and her were used to pass dealing with everything in carpet workshop and some strange looks towards her.

Honestly, she was getting better at it, no one was harsh with her. They do looked at her as some surprise but nothing scary, they accepted her, after all Kayi was her home, the people knew her, they were happy to see and have her.

Talking about nights...... she was used to dodge him again by sleeping before him every night while he's involved with their children or tucking them in bed...... with her back facing him.

"I don't know where and what I did wrong? At which point I lost her."

It all started the day she thought to give him a visit at caravansary. Seventeen days back, three days before she came back to tribe. She knew he was available, he said that he always was for her.

She had some important information on Beybolat too or she might call Albasti. He was revealed so bad infront of her and she wanted to inform Ertugrul because at the end, only he seemed to be trustworthy and capable to reveal his plans and more importantly make him realize the reality of the people he thought to make a relation with. She liked to taunt him where he went wrong.

She was about to knock but the talk going on behind the door took her attention. She didn't meant to eavesdrop but she couldn't help it.

"I want to know. Everything. Whatever she is hiding. Whatever she is not telling. Every single detail matters to me Yaqub."

"As you order, Bey'm."

"Go to Konya, tell your man in castle that get to know everything about Aliye Sultan, Halime Sultan's mother. About her death, about Halime's childhood, about şahzade Numan's wedding with her..... everything you can that can help me. I'm trusting this with you."

"As you order Bey'm, I'll leave for Konya today."

And that was the day, he did wrong but she didn't told him that. For instance, she could have entered the room right at the moment to confront about whatever she heard that would have end with another fight.

"Who do you think you are huh??" Halime let the door shut behind her as Ertugrul's alp left the room a few seconds ago. Ertugrul seemed confused, surprised, caught at her arrival.

"What did I told you Ertugrul?? I put a rule that you won't go after my past so what is this??"

"What is up with you exposing me and my past infront of me again and break me all over again???? You want to really see me like that?? You want to see me being exposed and you will enjoy it wouldn't you??"

He shook his head, tried to console her by holding her arms but she and her anger didn't let that happen.

That could've been one situation but she didn't went for it, she knew that would give him more curiosity. It would be equal to fanning the fire that's already lit up inside Ertugrul to know about her past.