Chapter 23. Our Complete Story

"What type of story was this?"

Elif asked as soon as Ertugrul stopped talking. She couldn't help it, she let the words out which made Ertugrul laugh. He loved every second of him telling a ridiculous story to all of his children and look at their faces being blank and full of questions but none of them interrupting him. Even Gunduz and Savçi seemed like they couldn't sleep after hearing what their father told them.

"Ah my daughter, my Elif, this story is a part of another story and you can't judge this story before listening to that story." Ertugrul told her, hiding his grimace under his fatherly expressions, it was like he was teaching a lesson. Elif looked puzzled, Gunduz looked like holding an urge to bang his head while Savçi looked half asleep.

Halime wasn't there with them, but Osman was. He was in his cradle sleeping peacefully while Halime was in her tent. Osman was a few weeks old only. His arrival in world completed them.

Ertugrul looked at the cradle then back at the other three who were sitting around him listening to the story he wanted to tell. He knew they wouldn't like it, they interrupted him inbetween the story and he never finished. They also knew by now that their father was teasing them.

The footsteps approached their ears sooner than they wanted to and even though Halime tried to take smaller and lighter steps, when she entered, everyone's eyes were at the entrance of the tent, before they could help it. Questions ready to be shot.

Halime entered in her night gown, hair open, a little smile on her face looking at her family sitting. Her eyes then moved to the cradle to make sure that Osman was sleeping all fine and comfortably.

"Anne? We told you to not-" Gunduz rose up but Halime gestured him to not as she walked towards Savçi's bed where they all were sitting.

"Halime Sultan what is this behavior?" Elif asked on which no one could keep their expressions stern. Ertugrul let out an unexpected laugh everytime she tries to mimick his voice and style of calling Halime or talking to her. Halime meanwhile sat down beside Savçi and rested her head on his shoulder. Secretly, they all knew Savçi was her comfort child.

Everyone was looking at her. She surrendered herself after a huge sigh. "What happened? I couldn't sleep-"

"You couldn't or you didn't even tried?" Gunduz asked.

"No, I tried but-"

"As if we don't know you Halime." Ertugrul rolled his eyes and let them fall on Elif who was staring at Savçi and Savçi was staring back at her. The competition between them was getting a little too obvious and Ertugrul wanted to talk to them about it. While Elif was father's daughter, Savçi always got Halime's support so sometimes there was jealousy and Ertugrul Halime too knew they have their favorites.

"Allah why are you taking it all against me. I'm fine, my fever is better, there is whole night left for me to rest."

"We told you to rest the whole day too but did you?" Elif asked.

"Allah Allah, I'm not even here for you and your little discussion session. I'm here for Osman, I wanted to check on him."

"He is wrapped so he won't get cold, he slept nicely without making any sound unlike his mother and they," Ertugrul indicated towards Savçi, Elif and Gunduz, "are saying that they will look after him if he wake up at night which he normally don't."

Halime was speechless. She knew no one would let her do something, especially as she got a little dizzy today infront of Ertugrul and he have been worrying since. He didn't let her go to carpet workshop, he didn't listened to her. He didn't even went to Sogut, he delayed the meeting and she knew it was for her, she promised him that she will take care of herself and that he shouldn't delay work but she also knew that he was Ertugrul.