Chapter 15. History Repeats

"Tell me you are lying." Ertugrul demanded from his mother who stood infront of him, unbothered by Ertugrul's angry voice. She wasn't looking at him, she was looking straight at practically no one and nothing.

Ertugrul's eyes moved to Selcan whose gaze also seeked answer from Hayme. She too looked in shock and she knew that it is not going to end up good. Hayme messed up things for Ertugrul and Halime more than ever.

Ertugrul and Halime returned back together the next day of that mongols trap. They were lucky because of that cave and the weather as it helped them to escape the forest easily. Halime insisted on leaving Ertugrul till Kayi Tribe and then returned to Konya caravansary along with twins.

The tribal people weren't really shocked to see Halime. When she appeared at Gunduz's trial, everyone got to know that she is back and they will be getting to see her alot more often. Some hatuns even came to greet Halime. Hafsa and Selcan welcomed her with arms wide open whereas Halime also saw some jealous and not too happy eyes to see her with Ertugrul and that included eyes of Hayme, Ilbilge and Sirma.

"Anne!" Ertugrul called out again, his patience coming to it's real end. He didn't wanted to misbehave. He never wanted to do anything to break anyone's heart again. He was talking to his mother, but he still couldn't believe how easily she ruined everything, his happiness, his married life that was getting back on track again.

"Did you really told Halime that I'm going to marry Ilbilge and that she should stay away from me and the tribe?" Ertugrul demanded again, his fists clenching by his sides at the thought of his one bad decision breaking Halime's heart again. She just forgave him. Let him touch her without any hesitancy between them. Let him stare into her gazelle eyes as long as he wanted to.

He knew that news would've broke Halime into thousand more pieces. She might would've played it strong and confident in front of Hayme and Ilbilge but he knew deep inside how miserable, how big of a fool she would've felt because she forgave him. He thought that now she would start to hate him.

The history was repeating itself. The same situation from twelve years back was infront of Ertugrul, staring at him like a challenge. He again made a bad decision by hiding it from her. He again felt bad because she got to know about it from someone else. The situation could turn into a separation again but it surely depended on Ertugrul about what his next step was going to be. He was never going to make the mistake of losing the love of his life again.

"Evet... I told her everything and she agreed." Hayme answered, facing Ertugrul now. Her eyes had no regret, she did what she felt was right. "I didn't lied, you are going to marry Ilbilge and sooner or later she would've known that, if not from me than from anyone gossiping around. I did her a favor by telling her to stop dreaming about coming back in my son's life."

"Your son's life.... your son's happiness belongs to that woman, anne. If she is dreaming about coming back in my life then she sure will return. I'll make her every dream come true. Who even is Ilbilge to me? Practically no one, nothing I'll choose over Halime."

Hayme's body was now shifted towards Ertugrul, staring right through his soul at his harsh remarks about her favorite Ilbilge. "Does that mean you are betraying Ilbilge? You lied to that woman who also have dreams, who is also happy that she will be happily married to a man who will respect and love her instead of a man who is still wrapped in love of his ex wife."

The word ex wife got on Ertugrul's nerves.

"She is not my ex wife, she is still my wife, my only wife until I'm alive, the only woman I loved and agreed to give my heart to and I'll broke off this so called engagement with Ilbilge if needed to. It won't count as a betrayal because Ilbilge Hatun too herself know what we agreed to and what this proposal mean to me. I'll prefer to give Halime's earrings more value over this proposal."