Chapter 18: Biggest Traitor

"Don't worry, I'm here with her." Ertugrul affirmed for the hundredth time as his children sat on the bed around Halime.

Savçi holding Halime's hand, Elif beside her head and Gunduz sponging her forehead in order for the fever to drop down. It was not quite late but they looked tired and definitely tensed.

The moment Halime fainted, the panic started for everyone including Ertugrul, he just couldn't understand what happened to her, Artuk Bey said nothing except that she have a fever nothing more and it tensed Ertugrul more. He wanted Halime to wake up soon and tell him what happened to her.

After accepting that everything might be a fever, Ertugrul told everyone to go back to Kayi Tribe. He was going to stay and caravansaray had it's own healer so he was at peace to send everyone back because tribe needed protection too though he knew Halime killed the real danger infront of him and everyone.

He guided his alps about what to tell Hayme in tribe about why he stayed at caravansary, something that didn't told much but because he knew once he'll go back, he have to answer alot so why not add one more thing to the list.

Exhaling a deep exhausted breath, Ertugrul gripped Elif's chin and made her look at him. "Your mother will wake up soon and you will be the first one to get informed I promise but she won't like to see you all worried and restless like this. Take some rest because you'll be needed more tomorrow."

The words do left something on their minds because Elif looked at Gunduz and he nodded. They climbed off the bed and Ertugrul left them till their room door with a smile on his face and a goodnight forehead kiss.

Coming back to their room, he locked the door behind him and walked towards the bed. Taking his shoes and socks off, Ertugrul climbed onto the bed and sat beside Halime. Her face still pale, her forehead still pretty warm and her eyes still closed. As much as Ertugrul didn't wanted to express his worry infront of children, they also knew that he was the most worried out of all but one got to be strong especially the head of the family.

Ertugrul let his fingers comb Halime's hair as he observed her face, her skin, her everything. He was going to invite her back to the tribe, their tent but what happened at the end was the least thing he wanted. Seeing Halime like that, sick and unconscious on a bed was least thing he wanted.

He was angry, sure he was about Alinçak and Aribuka thing but he also knew that after what happened, he can't question her about it again. He was their to cover her up, her mistakes. He knew he had to fight. He knew the real battle started from that day. He knew he had to face his mother too but he also thought about sending Hayme to his brothers if she try to do something and that's the least thing he wanted to do but if it was necessary then he had to.

Ertugrul dozed off thinking and when he woke up it was because of Fajr Adhan and he found Halime's eyes still closed though her fever dropped which he was grateful and happy about.

After prayers, Ertugrul sat beside her again reciting verses for her quick recovery when his heart started beating quite quickly and he didn't knew when a tear dropped from his eye. He took a hold of Halime's hand knowing it will give his heart at a little peace.

"Oh my Allah, give her health, give her health and return her to me, I can only ask you for help. I... I know that I... did a mistake but I can't lose her again in any way."

She heard him but her eyelids felt so heavy for her to even open her eyes but she could listen him making prayers for her.

"My Halime...... you don't know how much my heart is aching, I'm in pain because your gazelle eyes are closed and I can't take this. Let me tell you a few things that I really want to say aloud and tell you and I'll tell you again once you'll open your eyes but my heart now can't take it." Ertugrul looked away from Halime's face and now stared at her head instead, massaging it with his fingers.