Chapter 12. Deep Breaths

"Hoşgeldin baba, hoşgeldin abi!" Elif and Savçi greeted in unison. They both stepped forward and kissed their father's hand and then to Ertugrul's surprise he got a hug from both of them. He felt like the happiest person on the planet as he kissed the top of both of their heads.

After greeting Gunduz, all three of them stood beside Ertugrul, he wrapped his arms around Savçi and Elif's shoulders. They were standing in the training area of Konya caravansaray.

When Ertugrul and Gunduz stepped inside. Elif and Savçi were having a practice session. They both were training to shoot arrows at the target and they both were really good at it especially Elif about whom even Savçi mentioned that she is a great archer.

"We are happy that you came." Savçi said with a huge smile, Ertugrul smiled too.

"We missed you!" Added Elif and Ertugrul snapped his head and attention towards her. Firstly, she had a great smile just like her mother, secondly, she wasn't upset from him and he was glad.

"I missed you both too." He said snapping his head towards both of them and then looked forward towards their arrows at the target. Elif actually had a bullseye while Savçi too wasn't very far from it. They both were spectacular.

"How this happened baba?" Elif asked, her eyes widening as she got out of Ertugrul's arm and took a hold of his hand, looking at his palm which had a deep mark.

First, Ertugrul wanted to adore the care and worry that Elif had for his little cut then he replied, "It's nothing big Elif. It's from a war. We are used to get such injuries." Ertugrul passed her an assuring smile as he saw a little relief coming over her face.

"But you shouldn't keep it open like this baba. It should be well bandaged and not open in air. What if you get infection?" Savçi asked and he was right. It wasn't supposed to be kept open in air but Ertugrul didn't knew what he was thinking when he returned and treated his hand poorly.

Firstly, he was angry, really angry. His attack, his trap for Subutai and his forces failed. The day Halime left, giving him more questions but he won't blame Halime and the intimate moment they had in his room at Soğut caravansaray for his failure in the trap. They planned poorly for it and didn't got success.

Whereas, two days ago, three days after his trap, in Soğut he received the dead bodies of Mongols and Subutai. Someone did that for him. Killed Subutai for his revenge.

First, he doubted that Beybolat did that to make some good marks and he actually was angry about him doing that because it was Ertugrul's target and if he really had a better plan then he should've shared instead of watching him fail like that but it wasn't Beybolat.

Only Ertugrul's alps knew his plan, no one else. No one knew they were planning to attack Subutai but eventually it got out and Ertugrul still wanted to find out how and who.

Someone killed his biggest enemy and sent his body to him. Someone knew his plan failed and he wanted Subutai dead so bad. Someone did that for him. He wanted to find that 'someone'. He have been digging deep into things to find out who did that and why is that person hiding.

"Where is Anne?" Gunduz asked, looking at Halime's alps training. He knew if alps were there, she was supposed to be there too.

Gunduz and Ertugrul looked at Savçi and Elif who silently exchanged an uncomfortable glance. The suspicion grew inside Ertugrul and he knew something was wrong.

"She isn't here. She went somewhere." Elif replied as means of being a better liar than Savçi but Ertugrul wasn't buying any lies because he knew that Halime was in the caravansaray, hiding.... probably from him.