Chapter 13. Emotional Damage

"Bey'm!" Abdul Rehman pressed his hand on this chest, he seemed really tensed which told Ertugrul that whatever the news is, it is really important and he was kind of looking forward to that type of interruption due to the people around him.

"What is this Abdul Rehman? What is so important that you barged into Bey tent like this and also in a family gathering?" Hayme asked before Abdul Rehman could inform Ertugrul about the situation, her indication was towards Umuroğlu family.

Should it be called a 'family gathering' or a gathering in which everyone is fake laughing and praising each other and talking nonsense which is more of irritating, thought Ertugrul. He motioned Abdul Rehman to continue speaking.

"Bey'm! Konya Caravansaray..." He stopped as in one second, before he could say anything Ertugrul stood up. The words 'Konya caravansaray' skipped Abdul Rehman's lips and it didn't took Ertugrul another second to react. It was that quick.

Gunduz too stood up from his seat while everyone else looked unbothered maybe because they didn't knew who lived there.

"What happened?" Ertugrul asked quickly, his tone begging for not a bad news related to it but Abdul Rehman's face told another story.

"Bey, it got attacked by Mongols." He revealed and Gunduz gasped.

Just like Ertugrul's fear, the damage was done, they did it. It didn't even took Mongols two days to find out who attacked them. Only Ertugrul knew it till then and he knew if Mongols got to know, they'll make a mess, a fuss, a damage. They. Won't. Spare. Anyone. And if they touched a strand of hair of anyone from his family, his wife and children, He. Himself. Won't. Even. Spare. Anyone.

"Kardeşlerim, baba! Savçi... Elif. Are they fine?" Gunduz asked Abdul Rehman while everyone else stood up too as they realized the connection and the place. Selcan placed a supporting hand on Gunduz's shoulder.

"If anyone got to know that you did it, they'll turn after you and what's a better way to hurt me other than by hurting you hmm?"

Ertugrul's own words swirled through his mind and blurred his every sense. He couldn't think for a second. He couldn't respond to his mother beside him asking him what happened. He couldn't move because the thought of something actually happening to Halime or his children haunted him.

"Halime'm!" Ertugrul breathed out. Beybolat and Sirma exchanged a look at the name while Ilbilge clenched her fists hard. As another second passed by, Ertugrul was seen running outside his tent followed by Gunduz.

"Should we play our part and support too?" Sirma asked her brother Beybolat.

"No need! That woman and her children can go to hell." Ilbilge responded through gritted teeth. The rage, the burn, the jealousy, the fire.

"I don't need your remarks Ilbilge and that's how politics works. I'm going. You'll stay here." Beybolat responded. Ilbilge shot him a glare to which he responded with a clenched jaw and straight face and started walking towards the exit.

...............

Konya Caravansaray

Ertugrul along with his alps and Artuk Bey entered the place and the situation seemed to be under control by the Selcuk alps. He knew that as Sultan would've got the news before him, he would've sent the help too.

Though it do looked like a place which got attacked recently. Few shops were still on fire but they were handling it. The injured ones were being taken to nearby places or houses that are in good condition for treatment.

Ertugrul spotted Batur helping the soldiers with treatment of few children. He seemed busy as he should be so Ertugrul didn't wanted to call him out.

"Spread around and help them with everything needed." Ertugrul ordered and every alp obeyed. Only Bamsi, Turgut, Gunduz and Artuk Bey remained behind Ertugrul.