Chapter 13: An Unexpected Scene In The Garden Party.

She's mad at me.

Well I think she is.

The whole afternoon passed and she never talked to me.

Dinner, she still isn't talking to me. She didn't ask help to cook, to plate and anything. Was she avoiding me?

Man up Alex! You're tougher than this! Why can't you just answer what the hell's wrong?!

I can't just let her go off like that.

"Aria?"

She raised her eyebrows.

"You mad?"

"Why would I be?" She said sarcastically.

"Why?"

She opened her mouth to speak, but hesitated. "Nothing." She shook her head and watched the movie again.

I'm starting to be impatient. All right man, just keep your cool.

"Aria." I said in a warning tone.

"I told you it's nothing."

"I'm not stopping unless you tell me why you're mad." I crossed my arms.

"We're not even fighting!" She placed her hands down.

"Then why are you so cold to me today?"

"What?! I'm not!"

"Yes you are, you haven't even asked me to help you in cooking dinner." I pouted.

I saw her try to hide a smile when she saw me pout. *smirk*

"Okay, fine if you thought I was cold I'm sorry, but I'll tell you again and again that I am not!" She crossed her arms and pouted.

Guess pouting is both our moves.

"To whatever it is I am sorry." I told her again.

"I told you I wasn't mad. I just didn't notice it." She said.

"It's okay that you tell me why you were mad, you know. I promise I won't judge." I assured her.

"I really wasn't mad."

"You don't need to lie." I persuaded her to speak out what I said that must've bugged her.

I actually know what it was. I just want it to come out of her mouth.

"I wasn't mad, I told you! Why do you keep on forcing it if it's not?!" She said close to shouting.

"I know you were!" I retorted matching her tone.

She stared at me in surprise that I was pushing this. She eye-challenged me.

"You were mad because I got all powerful over you because of that stupid 'messing with the king's feelings' thing!"

A flash of pain devoured her angry expression and every nerve of her body weakened. She looked helpless.

"Why would you even bring that up?" She asked, almost sounding like a whisper. "You think I wanted to do that? That I was actually happy about it?"

I couldn't answer.

Pain.

That same pain of her leaving me, just when I admitted that I didn't just like her.

I love her.

And I still do.

I avoided eye contact with her. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes and for a moment I thought that this was why she left me.