Chapter 8: History Class

(After 8 months)

"Hey, sup douchebag?" I greeted Axel as he went our way.

"Sup weirdo?" He greeted back and placed an arm around me.

I'm still not used to hanging out with the most popular kid in school. To be honest, I didn't know him and Mark went to our school.

Ever since that night in the bar, Axel and Mark have been joining our table during lunch.

And some of the student body hate us (particularly me) since they think I'm a social climber. Worse, a gold digger.

Am I really known as the geek who live in the squatters? I'm a Perez for Pete's sake!

Luckily, there's a lot more, who's down to earth and doesn't give a fuck.

"Aww! Well aren't they cute." I heard someone say from afar, obviously not intending for us to hear.

She met my gaze and smiled at me very sweetly. I returned the smile but when we were already out of sight, I raised an eyebrow.

What the hell just happened?

"Hi! I'm Richard," a gay came to us and extended his hand.

It's weird for me to hear a gay introduce himself as a man. I gladly shook his hand but he must've noticed my weirded out face.

He looked at me and smiled a bit more, chuckling during the process "in the morning." He continued.

He let go of my hand and looked at the both of us. Oh my god! I forgot that Axel still has his arm on my shoulders!

I quickly removed it which made Richard laugh. "Rachel by night. Aww, why did you do that?"

I raised my eyebrow at him in a polite way.

"Um, do you need anything?" Axel asked, feeling very uncomfortable in the situation.

"Oh nothing. It's just very rare that I see a cute couple as yourselves here in UP (A/N: University of the Philippines). Unlike those sluts," he pointed out to a couple making out by the grills of the terrace "every time I see them, they're always making out!"

I followed his gaze and understood what he meant. Yup, definitely annoying.

"Well, anyways ta-ta!" He said and walked to the couple making-out, walked right through the middle but said excuse me. But did caused the couple to stop their dirty work and separate.

I laughed at the display. I heard Axel chuckle beside me, and he once again placed his arm around my shoulders.

I stiffened.

"What?" He asked as his gaze snapped to me.

"People think we're a couple." I said as I removed his arm using his finger.

He gave me that cute pout and frowned. "Is it bad for people to think we're a couple?" He asked. A flash of hurt present on his eyes. But of course, it was part of his little puppy dog act.

I chuckled, amused. "It's bad for people to think something not, is real." I said then turned on my heel to go to class.

I heard his footsteps follow me a while later.

We continued to walk to our class. "Then why don't we make it real?" I heard him mumble sadly.

"What?!" I exclaimed. Obviously too loud than I intended 'cause everybody is now looking at me.

Axel's eyes shot up to look at me and then he blushed.

I felt uncomfortable with the pairs of eyes directed at me that I immediately went to his side, wrapped an arm around his waist (to pretend like nothing happened and look totally cool) and continued my way to class.