Chapter 1: Teach me to forget you

Alex's POV

It was a shocking story. Till now, I can't believe I'm still hoping. After 5 years, I still long to see her face beside me, catch her when she falls or at least feel her in my arms again. She broke me. My positivity. My hopefulness. My heart.

All tales I encountered was a lie. The love I thought was real, was a fantasy. Yet here I am, waiting for some bitch to take home, and make love all night. I became like this ever since I lost her. Her. Aria Mae Perez. A name I can't mention without a tear running down my face. It's true what they say: "Boys don't cry. But broken hearted men do."

"Hey, pal. How's it goin'?" Mark asked me as he entered the office. He's my cubicle partner, way on the other end.

His greeting caused me to wake up from my dream. Dream of her face.

Aria.

Aria.

Aria.

"Dude. It's been 5 years. Don't expect. Please. It's hard for me to see you like this." He snapped me back to my senses. He's been a brother to me. Before I even entered this job, he was already a dear friend. The longest. He even had the chance to meet her.

"You know I won't be able to forget her. Ever." I replied.

"Dude, please? Have pity on yourself. Seeing you hurt for years is a huge pain for me. You're like my brother since high school."

"You know I always try. And I always fail."

"I never told you to forget her. All I'm saying is stop hoping for her. I mean- of all the bitches you sleep with when we're at the bar, you never forget her? No even once?"

"How can I forget her, if every girl I sleep with, I can see her face?"

"Whatever dude. Stop sleeping and get back to work. The supervisor is already roaming." He said and finally took his seat on the other end.

"Dude?" I called his attention out of work.

"Yeah?" His head slightly turned to me, with eyes still on his screen.

"Thanks."

"For what?"

"Trying to feed me hope. Everything." He finally stopped writing the email and turned his gaze on me.

"No problem. Bro." He said with a cheeky grin.

And as if on cue, the supervisor came by our cubicle and saw us working instead of chatting.
Oh Aria. Teach me how to forget you.