Chapter 7: Back Home, Baby!

(French words you may encounter: "non"-no)

I moaned as felt the warm breeze of the Philippines' air hug me, relaxing my nervous senses.

"Welcome back to the Philippines Aria." I was greeted once I stepped out of the plane.

"Glad to be back Dalantè." I said.

Dalantè signaled the servants to get my bags. I sighed. I'm just staying at a hotel. I'm still looking for a condo unit.

I sighed and went inside the car where Dalantè was waiting for me so he could drive me.

As I was inside the car, I fell asleep. But before I did, my thoughts were drifted into memories. My memories:

(Flashback)

We were already at The Bar, waiting for my date and Tiff's man to show up. The other girl's weren't such fans of the idea of the bar thing, so they didn't come.

"Has he seen my picture?" I asked Tiff nervously.

She chuckled. "No, why?"

"'Cause that's probably the reason why they still aren't here." I said shyly.

Her laughter died and she looked at me seriously. "Look. Any man who would have a chance to date you is lucky, okay? It's their loss if they didn't like you." She smiled gently at me.

I returned the smile and added "I'll just go to the bar and maybe order a drink. Y'know, to loose my nervousness." I chuckled at my own request.

She smiled to me again and nodded, then tilted her head to the direction of the bar.

I sat on one of the stools and the bartender immediately came to me. "Your drink, sugar?" He asked.

"Ughm, martini? Please?" I said, but kinda asked in my tone of voice. It's my first alcoholic drink (except for beer) after all.

The bartender nodded and proceeded to make my drink.

Once he finished, he gave me the drink. I flinched as the weird taste took over my tongue and gave a new taste to my tastebuds. I placed it down immediately.

He looked at me confusedly at first then his face came back to normal. "First time eh?" He asked me.

"Huh?" I asked, not quite sure of what he's asking.

He used his pouted lips to point at the glass of Martini I dropped on the table.

I nodded, "First time in a bar." I said.

"Too young, too. What brings you here anyway darling?" He asked, as if it was the most human thing.

"Date?" I said, that ended up being in a more question-ey tone.

"Eh, blind date huh?" WHAT? How can he tell that? He's probably psychic.

"Yep, craziest ones happen in a bar. I would be surprised if the guy courting you would ask you to go on a date with him in this kind of place. So blind date is more of a reasonable...excuse." He said.

"Excuse?" I asked eager to know more of what he's saying.

"If you watch movies, you see that in some blind dates people use the what they call "emergency excuse"" he said using his fingers to do a quotation. I nodded. "Well in real life, you ain't usin' some lame emergency excuse 'cause it'll signify disrespect. Sometimes if guys are not sure about their dates they fix it up in a bar so comes up the term "drunk excuse"

"Amazing." I had to say it. Obviously all he said came from his mouth and his own idea.

Another customer called him up for a drink, and excused himself.