Chapter 6 - Injuries

Hey everyone! This story isn't doing as well as I was hoping it would to be honest but if you are still here I stg it's gonna get much better rly soon 😭 just bare with me here I got lost of ideas up my sleeve for this story.

POV: Travis

[ TW: ABUSE ]

As I was walking home from Sal's I checked my phone, I had text after text from mom saying that father was going to be home early and I need to hurry up and be home before he gets there. Those texts were almost an hour ago. I started running home, I knew father was gonna be pissed about me going out. Especially on a Monday, he never allows me to go out unless he's there with me, and still that's very rare. I walked up to the house, just as I was about to open the front door I heard father yelling at mom. I listened for a minute, then things got quiet. I started to panic, but I couldn't go inside otherwise father would hit me too. So I figured I'd just sneak around to the back of the house and climb up to the window of my room that way I didn't have to see dad. Just as I was about to turn around to go around the house the door opened, it was my father.

He grabbed me by my wrist and shoved me inside. Mom was knocked unconscious on the kitchen floor, she had a bloody nose and bruised up arms. I looked back at father and he slapped me right across the face. (I'm kind of bad at writing these scenes just because I've never written this type of thing before so I apologize for that.) He threw me on the floor and started kicking me in the ribs and punching me in the face. I'm the end I got a broken nose, bloody and bruised eye, a cracked rib probably and I was also knocked unconscious, right beside mom. I don't know why father does this, all I did was go out for not even two hours.

[ TW: ABUSE OVER ]

I woke up a few hours later, I checked my watch. 11:30 pm. My body was still aching, mom wasn't there so I'm assuming she woke up earlier already. I slowly got up and looked around the corner in the living room, father was sitting on the couch reading the bible. He saw me and stood up and started slowly walking towards me. Panicking I ran out the front door not even bothering to put my shoes on. I could hear him yelling my name to come back but I just kept running. I didn't know where I was going but I had to get out. Without realizing I ended up at the Addison Apartments. What am I gonna do? Talk to Sal? Yah that went great last time. I sighed, I looked at the side of the building and I saw the lake. I decided to just sit by there for a while. I limped over to a log right by the water and sat down, I was in so much pain it hurt to even breath.

POV: Sal

I sat in the living room watching tv with gizmo, thinking about the events of earlier with Travis and Larry. I felt bad for losing my temper at Larry, I understand he was just being protective. I decided to go apologize to him, I got up and walked over to the tv to turn it off when I saw someone outside the window by the lake. I looked closer, their back was turned so it was hard to tell who it was. Travis? No way. Why is he here again? I thought he left. I went outside and walked over to him. "Travis is that you?" He turned and looked at me. "Holy fuck Travis what happened?" His face was completely beat up, looked like he had a broken nose, blood was running down from it and he had a huge black eye. His arms were covered in bruises too. I sat down beside him, "Travis who did this to you?" He didn't say a word, like he was too weak to talk.

I needed to help him but I couldn't get him inside myself, I had to call Larry. "Larry I need your help." "I thought you were mad at me dude." I rolled my eyes, "Larry seriously this is urgent, come to the lake. Like right now." I hung up the phone. "Everything's gonna be okay Travis, we'll fix this." We waited a few minutes for Larry to come outside, Travis kept drifting off, he could barely stay awake. Larry came running up to us, "Woah, the fuck happened to him?" "Help me carry him inside. I'll explain later." Larry and I carried Travis up to my apartment and sat him on my bed. "So you wanna tell me what happened now?" He asked. "Well I don't know, I looked out the window and I saw Travis by the lake and when I went outside to see him, he looked like this and then I called you."