Chapter 14 - The End

POV: Travis

"I now here by sentence Sal Fisher to receive capital punishment." My heart dropped at those words. They can't kill Sal. There's no way Sal would do what he did for no reason at all. This is all the cults fault... it's all fathers fault.

——

I waited out on the porch for my father to get home. The door was locked so I couldn't go inside, so I sat in front of the door. Fathers car pulled into the driveway and he saw me. He got out of the car and walked towards me, and I stood up. "Travis? The hell are you doing here boy?" He still has that cold tone in his voice. I ignored it, "I want to join The Devourers Of God." Father smiled at me, "I've been waiting for this. Come with me."

Father drove us to the church and brought me to a room I was never allowed in before. He opened up a trap door on the floor, there was a long staircase going into the basement and I followed him down. There stood many members of the cult, I couldn't see their faces all too well since it was dark and they all had their hoods on. "Here." Father handed me a dark purple cloak, same as all the other members wore and I put it on.

We all gathered in a circle around a pentagram on the floor, the cult members started chanting something in a language I didn't know but I tried chanting along with them. (Ps I'm not really sure how this cult shit works so sorry if some stuff is inaccurate or doesn't make sense)

I never wanted or expected to be in a cult but I had a plan. After Sal's trial and being proven guilty, I came up with a plan to prove him innocent. I was gonna go back home, talk to father, and instead of killing 'The Child Of Abomination' like they all planned on doing, I was going to figure out a way to get rid of the cult members including father. That way I can use the cult temple as proof for Sal's case without anyone else getting in the way. I had everything figured out, at least I thought I did.

For the next three years I worked on my plan to destroy my father behind his back. I haven't had many chances to kill him before, I needed the perfect moment to do it. Ever since I joined the cult, father has been talking about 'The Child Of Abomination' and how they wanted to kill him. Father told me all about how he tried to kill Sal back in Jersey but failed, so that's why they were still after him.

The day that Larry died and Sal was distracted by killing the tenants of the apartments, the cult kidnapped Todd and turned him into the Red Eyed Demon to continue their plan. Fortunately, after the cult found out Sal was getting executed they realized things would be much easier for them now.

——

Today was the day that the cult finished off their plan. It's been around three years since I've been in the Devourers Of God, I know Sal is supposed to get executed soon so I need to hurry up with my plan also. Father didn't tell me exactly what we were doing today but apparently it's a pretty big day. I noticed a big black hole where the pentagram was, and chains dangling from the roof above it.

"Travis, son. Go get the prisoners from their cells." I nodded and left the room, heading towards where the dungeon was. When I walked in, there was someone there. "Hey!" I yelled, The girl turned around and looked at me, "Ashley?! The hell are you doing here? Your gonna get yourself killed!" Ashley squinted her eyes at me,  "Travis?! Oh my lord, you joined the cult?! What were you thinking?!" I took off my hood and walked closer to her, "Look. I came here to save Sal, I have a plan. Trust me." Ashley looked at me like she wanted to say something but stopped herself.

"Now what are you doing here, Ashley?" "I came here to stop the cult. I placed bombs all around the temple, I'm going to blow this place to bits." I shook my head, "Ash there's no need for that, I got everything figured out. Trust me. We're going to save Sal." I said. "Travis.. Sal is-" Father then yelled from the other room, "What's taking you so long?! Hurry your ass up kid!" "Shit. Ash I gotta go. Get out of here now. Don't worry I have everything covered."

"Travis-" "Go!" I grabbed the four people my father kidnapped and brought them to the other room. Father and three other members slit all their throats, stripped off their clothes and chained them upside down above the hole. As he was doing all of that I recognized one of them. The one on the far left was Neil. "Holy fuck." I whispered to myself. Father then dragged Todd into the room and hung him by the arms so he was dangling into the hole.

Father stood on a rock/boulder while the other cult members including me, stood in a circle around the hole and started chanting something. I stood beside father. As we were chanting I looked up and noticed Ashley hiding behind something. We made eye contact and she gave me a thumbs up, I nodded. I reached for one of the members beside me and threw him in the hole, I watched his screaming slowly fade out as he fell and ended with a faint echoing thudded sound.

Ashley came out from where she was hiding and attacked another member. All the members started going crazy and started fighting us. Father just stood and watched. As Ash and I fought the members I looked over at her. "Your arm is fucking glowing!" I yelled. "I know! It's Sal!" She pushed another member down the hole. After we managed to kill all the members I walked over to Ash, "What do you mean it's Sal?" Ashley sighed, "Travis.. Sal was executed a couple weeks ago."

"...What?" My tears started to flow. "That's why I'm here. After Sal died I decided to stop the cult myself. I got in contact with Sal from the other side. Somehow we managed to get part of his soul in my arm hence why it's fucking glowing, and now he's helping me from the grave or whatever." As I was processing everything she just said, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see father standing in front of me.

He took off his dog mask and stared at me with a blank expression. "Ashley, run." I said, still staring back at father. "What?"
"I said run!"
Just then, father went for Ashley. Before he could lay hands on her I ran in front of Ash, blocking her from him. I took a small knife from my pocket and stabbed Kenneth in the stomach. "Holy shit!" Ash covered her mouth with her hands. Kenneth gave me a look that I knew all too well. He wanted to hurt me.. bad. Father took the knife out of his stomach, dropping it on the floor. He grabbed my throat and started lifting me up off the ground. Ash picked up the knife from the floor and stabbed father in his back.

Father dropped me and fell down the hole, I fell with him but caught myself on the ledge. "Travis!" Ashley bent down to help me up, but I couldn't manage to pick myself up. "It's no use, Ash." She looked at me puzzled, I smiled at her, tears rolling down my cheeks. "Travis?"
"I'm sorry Ash, you were a good friend." I let go of the ledge and let myself fall. I could hear Ashley's screams get quieter, the farther I fell. Then everything went black.

"Travis?" I looked to the side and saw him staring at me, "Travis!!" He ran up to me and pulled me into a hug, "...Sal."

THE END!! I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did! This entire story I wrote was just some random thoughts that's been in my head for a few months and I finally decided to turn it into a story. It started off not cannon at all, including my own headcannons and stuff and I know I finished it off with all cannon stuff pretty much but I didn't want a happy ending tbh. In a way it is a happy ending because Travis and Sal do in some way get to be together but their still dead... I don't know. Anyways the story isn't over yet! There will be a sequel coming hopefully today or tomorrow so stay tuned for that :P <333